Monthly Audit Log

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have to do this for multiple locations? I've been tasked with auditing 28 location cameras (unfortunately not all locations use the same system so I'll have to use different software on a per location basis).

-They want me to confirm cameras are online, recording properly, and are 100% visibility as some locations can get dust on their cameras.

Not something I want to do, but the higher up's have spoken and this is for audits from homeland security. (So please don't tell me I need to refute and not do it, that's not the advice i'm searching for).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They want me to confirm cameras are online, recording properly, and are 100% visibility as some locations can get dust on their cameras.
Is a PC being used to access whatevr VMS/NVR is in use and can it do a multi-view of Live and Playback?
So would a screenshot, which would have visible timestamps, be an acceptable status indicator?

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson - thanks for your response.

Each location NVR vlan is accessible from a centralized location in which I can access from VMS or the NVR UI. Ideally the screenshots will be automated so that I don't have to look through hundreds of cameras some of which are accessible through VMS and others though iVMS. I'd like the process to be less tedious than it has to be. I noticed some of my Hikvision NVR's have a capture menu that I can set to capture a screenshot at a given time but others do not offer this functionality. Oddly, the ones that don't have it seem to be the higher end models of the 9000 series. You'd think more money = more options not MO MONEY, MO PROBLEMS! (that was bad, i know)

Currently I have set up the functions to received emails when cameras go offline and video tampering but this isn't sufficient enough apparently that my EHS department wants each camera checked monthly.

I'm also curious if anyone has examples of what their logs may look like or templates that they have used to have all of the results in one location.