More Audio frustrations after updating - Anyone else?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated to 5.5.2.5 which fixed the AI overlays being missing for me, but after about a day the BI service crashed out of the blue. When it came back, my front left camera had audio, and the front right did not

Rebooted, same thing.

Updated to the latest 5.5.3.2, no audio on ANY camera. Back to 5.5.2.5, and still no Audio

Just me? lately I feel like these updates are bringing more problems than solving

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Rebooted again, audio worked!

After having a cam up with audio for a few moments, it crashed

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.3.2, time stamp: 0x6197c31e
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.3.2, time stamp: 0x6197c31e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001fb83d
Faulting process id: 0x1070
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7dd95d54909a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: d78ddb0b-0ca9-40f4-b1de-b59cdc8c58dd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Now no Audio again! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? I'm now on 5.5.4.0 and same issue

Everything will work for a while, eventually BI will crash and there will be no audio when it comes back. Reboot once, twice or maybe even 3 times and it finally comes back. I can't seem to pinpoint what's actually causing the audio to come back. Logging in BI seems terribly basic with no real indication of what's going on

Of course I never notice until its too late. I go back and try and view a clip, and no audio for the whole week

I contacted support but ended up giving up after getting the runaround with questions like "Is the audio on your computer turned up high enough to hear?"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try turning hardware acceleration off on the offending camera. Fixed mine.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Turned it off, restarted BI service and now I have audio. I guess I'll leave this for a while and see if it messes up again. If it does fix it, at least I have something to go back with to support

Nothing like paying a yearly fee for support and getting the ol brush off

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
No joy, it just crashed again, and now no audio when it came back. Getting pretty bored of this, sent another email to support. If nothing comes of it, I won't bother renewing support

The worst part is that unless I set it not to restart after a crash (Which is not a good idea, then I lose clips until I notice) I then don't get audio on restart of the service, meaning I just lose audio radomly

Just missed yet another good audio clip...

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been troubleshooting this all morning, if anyone else has the same issue

I can confirm that my issue is not caused by QuickSync. I turned it off completely, same problem. I'm so sure there is something in BI causing this issue. Now I am at a state where 1 camera has Audio, and 1 camera does not...

I can't see how it can be an OS/Driver issue and have 1 camera with Audio and one without. If I reboot I might get audio on both, I might get no audio and I might get 1 camera with audio. Its a roll of the dice

I can also replicate the issue pretty well. If I just leave things ago, it works seemigly forever. But the moment I start switching between cameras, it crashes. If I just click between the cameras with Audio in UI3, back to the all cameras view, back to an audio camera quite fast, it crashes and I lose audio

I'm not sure the crashing and the audio are linked. As I just had a working setup with 2 x Audio cams, I restart the service, and boom, no audio

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What ever it is, it is specific to your installation and others who experience it. I've run BI since version 3.x and have yet to have any audio issues, let alone regular random crashes, and the BI machine does do other duties as well.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, there has got to be something wrong somewhere. Finding what it is seems to be impossible since the logs really have nothing in them

Maybe I should setup a second system and see if it does the same thing

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
For anyone following along, the easiest way to get audio back is to uncheck the audio boxes on the cameras, then restart the BI service, and then re-enable them. So far 10/10 times it gets it back, doesn't help it being lost of course

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
For anyone following along, the easiest way to get audio back is to uncheck the audio boxes on the cameras, then restart the BI service, and then re-enable them. So far 10/10 times it gets it back, doesn't help it being lost of course
Wouldn’t the easiest thing to do as a stop gap is to use the last known good software release on the production hardware?!?

Than, you can run the problem version on a test machine to see if the same appears. Obviously unless you have the exact same hardware in place it’s not a 1:1 unbiased test. But, if the problem is truly a BI software bug and easily repro’d as you note.

At least the home will have a fully operational BI system until support figures out what the root cause is.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Problem is I can't go back to the last working version, since I'm now using all sorts of Deepstack stuff with alerts configured that are very useful

I guess the other solution is to move the main BI Machine back to the old version that worked fine, and then remove the GPU and have a totally separate machine for Deepstack. That's all getting quite convoluted just for an NVR setup though...

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Problem is I can't go back to the last working version, since I'm now using all sorts of Deepstack stuff with alerts configured that are very useful

I guess the other solution is to move the main BI Machine back to the old version that worked fine, and then remove the GPU and have a totally separate machine for Deepstack. That's all getting quite convoluted just for an NVR setup though...
Understood, in the ideal world there would be a snap shot for each upgrade that was applied. Rolling back to that last known state would be a lot easier.

This is what I plan to do once all of the server hardware is in place for my BI setup.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What cameras are you having the issues with and have you tried doing a find/inspect on the cams?

What is the audio setting in the camera and what audio setting is set within BI?

All of my cams have audio and I’ve not noticed any issues, I have 6 Dahua 5231-ze, 1 Dahua 5442T-ASE and 1 Dahua 5442T-ze.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
BI Crashed this afternoon, no audio when it came back. Here is a find/inspect on the cam when there is no audio. Looks like its saying there is no audio?

Opening 10.0.60.20 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2021-12-15T03:33:40.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: General
Model: IPC-T5442T-ZE
FirmwareVersion: 2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date 2021-05-25
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token MediaProfile00000
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_MainStream
profile source is 00000
profile source config is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00001
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream1
profile source is 00000
profile token MediaProfile00002
profile name MediaProfile_Channel1_SubStream2
profile source is 00000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00001
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile00002
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Done

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like BI crashing started on 9/20/21, the exact day I setup Deepstack for the first time (CPU)

This weekend I might throw a new SSD in and do a fresh install

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any chance the codecs got scrambled somehow. These are reportedly recommended for BI. I came across this on a BI forum. Someones program kept crashing when he'd use the mic. That OP didn't bother to return to his thread to close the loop on his findings/solution, but in the meantime another user suggested these codecs stating that another program may have installed a codec that wasn't jiving with BI. I wonder if the update installed a new codec, or modified one.