More Audio frustrations after updating - Anyone else?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I just checked my BI PC and I don't have any extra codec packs installed.

What about the sound card driver, have you checked on the manufacturers website to see if there might be an update?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Any chance the codecs got scrambled somehow. These are reportedly recommended for BI. I came across this on a BI forum. Someones program kept crashing when he'd use the mic. That OP didn't bother to return to his thread to close the loop on his findings/solution, but in the meantime another user suggested these codecs stating that another program may have installed a codec that wasn't jiving with BI. I wonder if the update installed a new codec, or modified one.

To clarify, K-Lite is suggested, or NOT suggested? I have no codecs installed. Its a bare install

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
What about the sound card driver, have you checked on the manufacturers website to see if there might be an update?
You don't even need an audio driver for audio. Right now it's whatever default driver, but for the longest time I didn't even have the Windows Audio Service enabled

I'll give it a shot anyway though to update to the latest, if there is any updates

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Some updates on this, I left the audio in a non working state and not a single crash. So the crashes are linked to the Audio at least, so that rules out other issues

I've just updated to the latest BI, I'll see if crashes remain and then go from there. I'm just trying to do one thing at a time to rule things out

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To clarify, K-Lite is suggested, or NOT suggested? I have no codecs installed. Its a bare install

I have no affiliation or experience with these codecs. I happened to see someone mention them on another site in regards to BI audio not working or similar.

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.3.2, time stamp: 0x6197c31e
Faulting module name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.3.2, time stamp: 0x6197c31e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001fb83d
Faulting process id: 0x1070
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7dd95d54909a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Report Id: d78ddb0b-0ca9-40f4-b1de-b59cdc8c58dd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Do you have any system logs which you could scour for errors etc? Those always help. The above exception code sounds like an access violation (memory you didn't own), while the fault offset would be where your dll was loaded into memory, so knowing your base address plus the offset might yield where the issue in the code is. But I'm not a programmer, and you don't sound like one so maybe stick with trying to wring any logs out of any useful information they might provide. And I stopped messing with windows 15+ yrs ago..

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Try reinstalling your windows audio drivers for your motherboard / soundcard.

As an alternative, you could try fixing window usingthe DISM tools I posted about some time ago. It checks and replaces any errant files resulting in a fresh install and only take minute with no data loss in my experience.

See post #16 here for the commands: Memory creeping on Intel Graphics 530

The two possibilites to my mind if external to BI are Audio Drivers or Windows.

PS I accept no responsibility for any issues out of running DISM commands. I've found it nothing less than the best way to repair Windows and have run it dozens of times, it's my go to for Windows errors or bad behaviour, but your experience could be different.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright I THINK I've got this fixed. But I don't want to jinx it.

A few weeks ago I added a third T5442T-ZE. No problems AT ALL. Audio stayed, while I still had BI crashes and audio dropouts of the front cameras, none on this one...

This was a net new camera, not a swap out. So I deleted my front two cameras and their clones for Deepstack. Gave them new IP's, Re-added them back in with new names, instant Audio! No problems. Then, I cloned them and setup Deepstack, and about 20 mins later, BI crashes and I have no audio when they come back.

So, I ENABLED audio on the Deepstack clone, and they instantly get audio back... so far so good. I've had audio unchecked on the DeepStack clones, because why would I want audio on those? Turns out it must be messing something up

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good job!

I think anyone pursuing tech hobbies like this need to have a perversely high degree of patience, curiosity and stickwithittiveness. Without that our tech would be lying on the floor in pieces, or we'd just walk away.

Does anyone else's wife look at them after they detail their tech solution to something and say 'well, that's just nuts! How do they expect the average person to figure that out?? Dumb'? haha

But I agree. Tech is great, and the advancements in our lifetimes are crazy, but still the particular set of 'traits' it takes to keep things ticking away can be humbling.

We will never surrender .. :banghead:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alright I THINK I've got this fixed. But I don't want to jinx it.

A few weeks ago I added a third T5442T-ZE. No problems AT ALL. Audio stayed, while I still had BI crashes and audio dropouts of the front cameras, none on this one...

This was a net new camera, not a swap out. So I deleted my front two cameras and their clones for Deepstack. Gave them new IP's, Re-added them back in with new names, instant Audio! No problems. Then, I cloned them and setup Deepstack, and about 20 mins later, BI crashes and I have no audio when they come back.

So, I ENABLED audio on the Deepstack clone, and they instantly get audio back... so far so good. I've had audio unchecked on the DeepStack clones, because why would I want audio on those? Turns out it must be messing something up
What version of BI are you currently on?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score

I checked the pre trigger buffer on all cameras like you suggested in your other thread, and that fixed the audio being missing from the recordings when audio did work, but never fixed the overall issue I was having

Have you had luck with the newer version? I see there is at least 1 or 2 above what I'm on

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I checked the pre trigger buffer on all cameras like you suggested in your other thread, and that fixed the audio being missing from the recordings when audio did work, but never fixed the overall issue I was having

Have you had luck with the newer version? I see there is at least 1 or 2 above what I'm on
I'm still on 5.5.3.7, and no issues.