More Tuning Questions - Easy Stuff Tried Already...

Reaction score
I have a Dell PowerEdge T30 (Intel Xeon E3-1255 3.3Ghz Processor) system with 8 gigs of RAM and a 2 TB WD HD. It is running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. Direct to disk on all cameras, 10 FPS h.264 for all but 1 15 fps LPR cam. Cams are all Dahua except for a few Hikvision. Blueiris file folders and process are excluded from Windows Defender. Hardware acceleration is turned on and appears to be working, judging by Task Manager.

We have expanded to 31 2-gigapixel cameras. My system is running in the 80's for CPU usage.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for me to lower CPU usage so that it doesn't go to high 90s and bog down during high motion times?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dell PowerEdge T30 (Intel Xeon E3-1255 3.3Ghz Processor) system with 8 gigs of RAM and a 2 TB WD HD. It is running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. Direct to disk on all cameras, 10 FPS h.264 for all but 1 15 fps LPR cam. Cams are all Dahua except for a few Hikvision. Blueiris file folders and process are excluded from Windows Defender. Hardware acceleration is turned on and appears to be working, judging by Task Manager.

We have expanded to 31 2-gigapixel cameras. My system is running in the 80's for CPU usage.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for me to lower CPU usage so that it doesn't go to high 90s and bog down during high motion times?
you will need a better cpu...That is a large load.