Most of my cameras go to no signal

bwhite757

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I updated BI to 4.3.9.6 today. All seemed ok, until 1 of my cameras popped up saying "No Signal." Before I could get to it and reset it, ALL of my cameras on my internal network started dropping off saying "No Signal."

I have 20 cameras total, all Foscams. 16 are on the internal network same as the BI server, and 2 are in a different building using a wireless bridge to connect to them, and the last 2 are off location and are recorded remotely via the internet. The only ones I'm having issues with are on the internal network! The other 4 that are on remote networks are working fine without issues. I've done everything I can think of, swapped out network switches, routers, updated all the firmware in every camera, nothing has fixed anything.

I'm about ready to scrap the server and start a fresh install, but was wondering if anyone had an idea before I have to do that much work.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I updated BI to 4.3.9.6 today. All seemed ok, until 1 of my cameras popped up saying "No Signal." Before I could get to it and reset it, ALL of my cameras on my internal network started dropping off saying "No Signal."

I have 20 cameras total, all Foscams. 16 are on the internal network same as the BI server, and 2 are in a different building using a wireless bridge to connect to them, and the last 2 are off location and are recorded remotely via the internet. The only ones I'm having issues with are on the internal network! The other 4 that are on remote networks are working fine without issues. I've done everything I can think of, swapped out network switches, routers, updated all the firmware in every camera, nothing has fixed anything.

I'm about ready to scrap the server and start a fresh install, but was wondering if anyone had an idea before I have to do that much work.

Thanks
What version did you have before?
You can revert back by running an older update file.

bwhite757

n3wb
Reaction score
I am unsure which version I had, and where would I obtain an older update file?

bwhite757

n3wb
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found the original file on my computer, 4.0.0.13. I honestly don't think I've updated since the change to version 4. Anyway. I rolled it back just for kicks, still no good. Cameras are still glitching out all over the place.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found the original file on my computer, 4.0.0.13. I honestly don't think I've updated since the change to version 4. Anyway. I rolled it back just for kicks, still no good. Cameras are still glitching out all over the place.
That is an initial release version likely full of bugs. There are some threads here with dropbox links to newer versions.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When 4.3.9.6 came out I got that too. I also had it shut down after a few minutes time after time after time (BIT kept bringing it back up). Went back to 4.3.9.5 and the problems immediately went away. So, at least for me, 4.3.9.5 is the latest "stable" release....