Motherboard died. Can I get BI settings from hard drive

Reaction score
My motherboard died on my BI computer. I am in the process of setting up a new machine. The hard drive from the dead machine is still readable. Is there a way to get my BI settings from the old drive and import into the new machine? I did not export the settings before the motherboard died so I can't go the traditional route.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My motherboard died on my BI computer. I am in the process of setting up a new machine. The hard drive from the dead machine is still readable. Is there a way to get my BI settings from the old drive and import into the new machine? I did not export the settings before the motherboard died so I can't go the traditional route.
Check C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4 folder. There should be 3 registry backups there.

Reaction score
You might also be able to put it in a working machine and connect the registry file to export the Blue Iris settings from the old hive (using a process like described here) if @fenderman solution isn't working for you. (try it first since it would be easiest).

Registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software\Blue Iris or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Perspective Software\Blue Iris