motion blur on BI evaluation

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new here I have been doing a lot of looking here & tried several things suggested here. I am ready to pull the trigger on BI but I am getting motion blur on BI recording. With the web sight motion is smooth. On BI motion is blurred I am using the evaluation BI will that make a difference? I am doing D2D & 20 FPS 8000 bit. I have 4 & 5 meg cams. any help would be greatly appreciated! Cams are hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I & the longse 5mp cams. All cams have latest version firm ware & latest version BI.
[h=1][/h]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Direct to disk does not work fully on the demo.
Post a video of the blur you are getting..

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you go. [video=vimeo;160833689]https://vimeo.com/160833689[/video]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@cudaaa This is what we call ghosting. In the camera settings, match the iframe interval to the FPS.

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
I already did that on the camera. Is there a place in BI to do that also?

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
The Longse only have a range of 1-5 for iframe.
[h=1][/h]

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Longse only have a range of 1-5 for iframe.
I think @klasipca said there was a problem with this camera when using the high iframe rates. I would suggest putting the iframe setting back to default and see if your problem goes away. As @fenderman has said, ensure the receive buffer is set to 20mb and drop the bitrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks I will try all this tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On a camera with an iframe range of 1 to 5, it is most likely meaning one iframe every "1 to 5" seconds. So my guess is that "1" is where you would want to try setting it.

Is the same video corruption (a.k.a. ghosting) happening with all your cams (Hikvision and Longse both)? If so, that suggests there is a common cause unrelated to the cameras.

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes all 4 cameras are the same way. Even when I go back to factory defaults.
If I am not recording motion is smooth.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh - what is your CPU load when you have motion? If you are maxing out your CPU, this might happen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
60-70% is fairly high; you don't necessarily need to be at 100% to not have enough CPU. I suggest you try reducing the frame rates to 15 FPS or lower, as this will reduce CPU usage significantly if you have your cams at 20 now. This has to be set in the camera interfaces. If you set the frame rate in Blue Iris it will just be ignored. Also in Blue Iris, use the live preview frame rate limit setting and see how much difference that makes in your CPU usage.

If your CPU is compatible, enable Intel hardware accelerated decoding and restart Blue Iris. Hardware acceleration doesn't work if you run BI in service mode on Windows 7, but on a newer OS or when not running as a service, it should be fine and it will reduce CPU usage without any real downsides.

cudaaa

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running win 10. How do you enable Intel hardware accelerated decoding?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris options, Cameras tab is where you can find both the live view frame rate limit and the hardware acceleration. For hardware acceleration to work, you need to be running a fairly recent Intel CPU (it needs to support Quick Sync Video). If your CPU is incapable, this can actually increase CPU usage, so keep an eye on it and if the CPU usage does not go down, then you should turn it back off because it isn't working.