Motion Detected - But Recording NOT Triggered?

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could use some assistance with my Blue Iris config. One of my outdoor cameras will regularly indicate motion (yellow boxes), but won't actually trigger to record anything.

If something large moves (like a car), then it will put an orange box around the object and it will trigger to record. Am I setting up something wrong?

Images attached.

Note - I've tried the Algorithm with both "Edge Vector" and "Simple". Neither did the trick.

Blue Iris Motion Detected.jpgBlue Iris Settings.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unchecked the object detection box. That is meant to reduce false triggers and you have the opposite happening.

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unchecked the object detection box. That is meant to reduce false triggers and you have the opposite happening.
Thanks - I experimented with unchecking this box and it's definitely triggering A LOT more now. I suspect my sensitivity is cranked up way too high, because it's triggering with no visible motion at all.

Do I now need to back up my Object Size and Contrast? If so, is there a recommended value?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, now you just dial it in. Given that large field of view, I would up make time to 1 second. Nothing will be in and out of that field of view that fast.

In the camera setting, make the FPS match iframes and 15FPS is more than adequate. Movies are shot at 24FPS.

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, now you just dial it in. Given that large field of view, I would up make time to 1 second. Nothing will be in and out of that field of view that fast.
Thank you - will do!

Also - is it possible that my time stamp is causing the trigger? I noticed a few times that it would put a yellow box around the furthest right changing digit...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes a timestamp can do that in certain situations lol. You can goni to the zone and unhighlight the blocks around the time.