motion detection in video and time lapse video creation

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since motion detected events are not highlighted in the timeline of the NVR during conitnuous recording, I am looking for a time lapse creation tool that will do the following:
Read all the video recording files (after we download them to a PC), and create a fast paced time lapse video wherever there is no motion detected and a slower paced time lapse video wherever there is motion detected by the time lapse tool.

Any suggestions?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
create a fast paced time lapse video wherever there is no motion detected and a slower paced time lapse video wherever there is motion detected by the time lapse tool.
Is it of any use that this is how the smart playback via the HDMI/VGA interface works (3.3.4)?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Usefull to know of the firmware capability, but my NVR is in a remote locked location and therefore I do not have access to the HDMI/VGA interface.
On the other hand I have factual evidence where the motion detection has failed to detect (especially) repeated motion events (regardless of the motion sensitivity setting). This is the reason why I do not trust the motion triggered recording and I record continuously.

Therefore I need an alternative PC based method to cut out the time periods with no motion (or fast pace them) and go quickly to the motion presence time periods with normal time pace.