Motion detection not working & hardware acceleration

genesius

n3wb
Reaction score
Im new to BI and so far im finding it pretty frustrating.
1 camera is detecting motion 90% of the time, the other 2 (3 cameras in total) dont seem to be detecting very much at all.
The camera thats detecting is a HiLook, the other 2 are Reolink. Any help here will be appreciated.

Hardware acceleration: Also, i have a gtx960 and i set each camera to nvidea and it just defaults to no. no idea why, is it because im using direct to disc recording?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the model of the CPU.

I would start with hardware acceleration turn off until you get the system running the way you want

Reolink cameras use a non standard data format, a variable Iframe which makes hardware acceleration nearly impossible to use. In general Reolink cameras are crap and nothing but problems. The variable iframe can cause you to miss motion events.

Return the reolink cameras.

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
5) blue Iris status cameras tab
6) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im new to BI and so far im finding it pretty frustrating.
1 camera is detecting motion 90% of the time, the other 2 (3 cameras in total) dont seem to be detecting very much at all.
The camera thats detecting is a HiLook, the other 2 are Reolink. Any help here will be appreciated.

Hardware acceleration: Also, i have a gtx960 and i set each camera to nvidea and it just defaults to no. no idea why, is it because im using direct to disc recording?
Reolink cameras are not compatible with blue iris despite reolinks lies. This is because the iframe interval cannot be set in the firmware.
You need to be more specific than to state its not working.
Your nvidia card does not support HA. Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix

genesius

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, ill have to return the cameras or use them elsewhere. i thought the 960 did support H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:2:0 which is whats needed? in that link you sent it only shows 10 series or newer cards, but bottom left if you click 'show complete list' then its there.

is there no way to get the reolinks to work?

Reolink cameras are not compatible with blue iris despite reolinks lies. This is because the iframe interval cannot be set in the firmware.
You need to be more specific than to state its not working.
Your nvidia card does not support HA. Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix