Motion Detection stopped working all of the sudden.

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a DS-7616NI-E2 / 8P with a camera hooked up to it. I have it set to continuous recording with motion detection. Up until 4AM, it was working fine. After that, I no longer can see the yellow motion detection markers. I was asleep at this time, so it's not something I could have mis-configured on my end. I know for 100% certain no one else had access to the system, so can anyone tell me why this may have happened? I tried rebooting the camera itself and the unit but no luck thus far. Any settings I can or should double check just to make sure a glitch might have undone something? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
Presumably you have checked / reviewed the motion event configurations in both the camera and the NVR?

Just out of interest - check what the results of a full port scan show using this : GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling
Yes I have checked both settings on the camera and NVR. I checked again this morning and found something interesting. When I went to playback which always starts at midnight of the day in question, it showed the yellow motion markers for the previous day, up to a point anyway. When I dragged the time bar slider back to the previous days markers however, they all disappeared. When I dragged it back to the current day though, the system lagged a bit and they reappeared, but only for the previous day. I updated the firmware for both the NVR and the camera maybe five days ago. You think maybe I should revert to default settings and re-configure?

Oh and the results of the test...

THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS
DID NOT RESPOND TO OUR UPnP PROBES!

Attachments