motion detection stopped working

dogbert831

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Dahua IPC-HFW4231SP that the motion detection suddenly stopped working. At first I thought it to be a Blue Iris setting but then discovered it was the camera settings. I found that in Event->Video Detection->Period, it was only set to work on Sunday. So it was only working one day of the week. If I try to select all days of the week and save. It reverts back to Sunday only. See the attacked screen shot. My firmware version is 2.400.0000.15.R. I thought about looking for a firmware update but am leery of doing that. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

dogbert831

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Dahua IPC-HFW4231SP that the motion detection suddenly stopped working. At first I thought it to be a Blue Iris setting but then discovered it was the camera settings. I found that in Event->Video Detection->Period, it was only set to work on Sunday. So it was only working one day of the week. If I try to select all days of the week and save. It reverts back to Sunday only. See the attacked screen shot. My firmware version is 2.400.0000.15.R. I thought about looking for a firmware update but am leery of doing that. Any ideas?

Thanks
The Video Detection may not be relevant. I have another Dahua camera that is working fine and Motion Detection is not enabled in the camera software. Still looking for answers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Video Detection may not be relevant. I have another Dahua camera that is working fine and Motion Detection is not enabled in the camera software. Still looking for answers.
Unless you are using dahuas motion detection to trigger blue iris via onvif, the motion settings in the dahua are irrelevant. Check your blue iris motion settings as well as your schedule/profiles.