Motion Detection Triggering and Not Triggering

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey

So its dark here in the UK and my motion detection is either triggering too much or not at all.

Attached at the settings I have at the moment and I just walked outside and the camera did not trigger at all.

If I enable 'Object detection' it then works but picks up a leaf being blown in front of the camera.

I have drawn an area to look at as anything above or right of this triggers when a car goes past.

Basically I just want it to trigger if a car backs onto the driveway or somebody walks under the camera.

CheersImage.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey

So its dark here in the UK and my motion detection is either triggering too much or not at all.

Attached at the settings I have at the moment and I just walked outside and the camera did not trigger at all.

If I enable 'Object detection' it then works but picks up a leaf being blown in front of the camera.

I have drawn an area to look at as anything above or right of this triggers when a car goes past.

Basically I just want it to trigger if a car backs onto the driveway or somebody walks under the camera.

CheersView attachment 6731
Your issue is that your are using a hotspot. Dont. That forces trigger for even the slightest even. See the help file. Your make time is too high. Set it to under 1 second. Your size and contrast are too high as well.

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your issue is that your are using a hotspot. Dont. That forces trigger for even the slightest even. See the help file. Your make time is too high. Set it to under 1 second. Your size and contrast are too high as well.
Ahh ok thanks, so that has made a difference in that it now detects motion.

I am going to have to play about with the motion sensitivity as a car going past (top left 10% of frame) set it off.

Cheers

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you can use the mask feature to block out that portion (top left 10%) and motion there won't trigger a clip