Motion identification within continuous recording

rocksethi

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and want to switch over from Synology. I want to be able to continuously record on 8-10 cameras but want to be able to look through the video later and see where the motion was in that video. Does Blue Iris have an option or interface to identify the motion within a stretch of video. An example of this would be for it to search video for a day and give me all the points when someone walked in front of a zone of the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and want to switch over from Synology. I want to be able to continuously record on 8-10 cameras but want to be able to look through the video later and see where the motion was in that video. Does Blue Iris have an option or interface to identify the motion within a stretch of video. An example of this would be for it to search video for a day and give me all the points when someone walked in front of a zone of the camera.
If you enable motion detection, there will be an icon in the timeline when a motion event is triggered. You can then scrub the timeline and move to the points where there was motion.

Marinero

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I need Blue Iris for (1) marking motion events within a continuous recording and (2) adjustment of motion detection for better performance. Using Win7/64 bit on a home network with the cameras plugged into the NVR, Hikvision's SADP sees only the NVR. have all Hikvision: NVR DS-7716NI-SP and various DS-2CDxxx cameras. With Hikvision's NVR/browser software (configuration/camera management/ip camera) I can see internal IP addresses for each camera which are the same as the NVR IP address followed by a colon and 5 digits (e.g. NVR @ 192.168.0.20 and camera #1 at 192.168.0.20:55001, camera #2 at 192.168.0.20:55002, etc). I access the NVR software via browser at 192.168.0.20 and I can get to individual camera software at 192.168.0.20:55001 via the browser. Hikvision SADP sees only the NVR. With Blue Iris I cannot locate the video stream of any camera connected to the NVR and I cannot locate the NVR. Of course I could remove the cameras from the NVR and autodetect them separately on the network, bypassing the NVR. However, I prefer using my NVR for POE, 8TB HDD storage, reliability and auto-reboot after power interruptions. Blue Iris does not autodetect the NVR or its cameras, How do I set Blue Iris to find the video signals? Thanks - Dave