Motion is blurry on my DS-2CD3345-I

tompajo

n3wb
Reaction score
The video look fine as long as nothing moves but when it does it's really bad. I use a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI.
Any suggestions how to get the moving video to look better?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions how to get the moving video to look better?
Without knowing the light conditions in the sample and what video and image settings you are using for the camera, it's hard to make valid suggestions.
But one that comes to mind is - what value are you using for DNR? If it's set high, say 50 or more, try dropping it down to say 10.

tompajo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanx, that made some improvement. But I still think the picture should be better. My cheap Android phone with a simple app (Picket) makes better surveillance movies than my Hikvision cameras...

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in low light?

As above + try a faster shutter speed, also make sure the sharpness isn't ramped up too high (i run mine around 30) as it introduces more image noise which you may be tempted to deal with buy applying more DNR which will call motion blur/smearing.

tompajo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been trying to change these settings but I don't think it's good enough anyway.

Is there a way to change these camera settings through my NVR instead of having to disconnect the cameras from the NVR and connect them directly to my router?

tompajo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanx, this will save me some time when I'm configuring my cameras :)