Motion or Sound

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have set my camera to trigger on motion and sound, it works ok, but is there a way to show on the recorded clip snap-shot if it was triggered by motion or sound ?

Something like a walking man or speaker icon.

Thanks
Mick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the clip description it will indicate "motion" or "audio" depending on the trigger source.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that, but I cant find where to see the clip description.
The two clips in the picture show the same, but the top one was set off by sound, and the bottom by motion.
Is this the description you refer to ?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, the motion/audio indication is only display when you are viewing alerts..if you select alerts from the clip view you can see it...
You might want to email support and ask that it be included in the clip description as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Each alert should be show separately..if you select alerts from the clips dropdown menu you will see it.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, alerts are shown separately but wasn't the original poster asking about clips, not alerts? And what description would go with a clip that includes both motion and sound alerts? Am I missing something here, maybe.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No you are not missing anything. Blue iris does not show a description in the clip itself...Only in the alerts...maybe for the reason you mention...the only way to know would be to email support..