Motion recordings playback skipping

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and just starting out installing cameras.

I have a Hik DS-2CD2365G1-I standalone camera using a 64gb sd (WD purple). The recordings from motion detection are abnormal.. after the object comes into view it plays normal but then skips like 10-12 seconds, then plays normal for a bit, then skips a few more seconds.. etc. I set the res down and lowered the frame rate, no idea why it's doing this, is it a sd card issue? an internet issue? live view local and remote are ok, loading times for clips is ok - i get no network unstable errors.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it! :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and just starting out installing cameras.

I have a Hik DS-2CD2365G1-I standalone camera using a 64gb sd (WD purple). The recordings from motion detection are abnormal.. after the object comes into view it plays normal but then skips like 10-12 seconds, then plays normal for a bit, then skips a few more seconds.. etc. I set the res down and lowered the frame rate, no idea why it's doing this, is it a sd card issue? an internet issue? live view local and remote are ok, loading times for clips is ok - i get no network unstable errors.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it! :)
Does this happen when you download the file to the local computer or only when playing direct from the camera over the network