Motion tracking inside camera

No No

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for an indoor wifi ip camera with motion tracking that can connect to my nvr. I've seen a few cameras like YI dome which I have but none of them are onvif....sooooo no nvr comparability. Can someone point me in the right direction? I saw the laview One PT but it has bad reviews.

As a secondary question, I'm a little paranoid of people getting into my wifi camera feed. My existing YI is in my garage so it doesn't concern me, but these cameras will be in the house. Once I change the user and password, do I legitamently still have to be concerned? Is there something extra I should do?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Motion tracking is an unnecessary gimmick, particularly indoors. Put a fixed camera in the corner and get the entire room.

No No

n3wb
Reaction score
dont work with wifi cam !
That isn't very clear. I have a motion wifi cam. I also know wifi cams that I can access on my nvr. So what doesn't work exactly. Or are you saying not to use wifi cams because of security issues?

Motion tracking is an unnecessary gimmick, particularly indoors. Put a fixed camera in the corner and get the entire room.
Appreciate the input, but that will not work for me.

Anyone else?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes for security issues and for quality of your system you can loose sometimes fps with wifi and have disconnections.

BICK

No No

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the general potential for fps and connection loss with wifi. But I don't expect it at all if any since most of that can be attributed to lack of mimo, channel separation, static ip, beam focusing, signal strength, and general interference with a network which I've fully solidified in my house. And your concerns are also why my exterior cameras are hardwired.

But the interior I'm strictly concerned of other people seeing inside. Based on the time you've been doing this, once I've secured with user/pass, encrypted the feed, removed online access, what's the likelihood of someone actually getting in? Also, how would they find me and my camera to hack in the first place if I'm not broadcasting? I've never understood that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the general potential for fps and connection loss with wifi. But I don't expect it at all if any since most of that can be attributed to lack of mimo, channel separation, static ip, beam focusing, signal strength, and general interference with a network which I've fully solidified in my house. And your concerns are also why my exterior cameras are hardwired.

But the interior I'm strictly concerned of other people seeing inside. Based on the time you've been doing this, once I've secured with user/pass, encrypted the feed, removed online access, what's the likelihood of someone actually getting in? Also, how would they find me and my camera to hack in the first place if I'm not broadcasting? I've never understood that.
The disconnects will happen regardless of the fancy terms your router has on its box, but for an indoor camera wifi is acceptable with sd card.