Motion triggering has stopped

dragoon6

n3wb
Reaction score
This morning I noticed that the motion triggering has stopped. If I manually record a clip, it saves the file but does not show up in the alerts pane. I have verified the storage health and rebooted the blue iris computer. It looks like only 1 camera is working properly out of 3. I have rebooted the other 2 cameras and they seem to be functioning correctly with the exception of motion triggering.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This morning I noticed that the motion triggering has stopped. If I manually record a clip, it saves the file but does not show up in the alerts pane. I have verified the storage health and rebooted the blue iris computer. It looks like only 1 camera is working properly out of 3. I have rebooted the other 2 cameras and they seem to be functioning correctly with the exception of motion triggering.
There have been changes made to motion detection. If you had BI set to auto update then check your settings.

dragoon6

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure what happened but I deleted the camera and re added it. Everything works fine now. It could have been an issue with the last upgrade.

Reaction score
I have seen similar problems this week and it bit me in the butt this morning. I was woken up at around 4:30am by noises outside, like someone/something was trying to get into my front door. When I went to look for the footage from my front door camera, it had nothing for motion alerts AND it had stopped recording the entire feed since 10pm the following night. :mad-new:

I updated to the new version this morning and hopefully that resolves my issue. Very bummed that I did not capture what/who was making noise on my front porch last night. This is the exact reason why I bought BI in the first place.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen similar problems this week and it bit me in the butt this morning. I was woken up at around 4:30am by noises outside, like someone/something was trying to get into my front door. When I went to look for the footage from my front door camera, it had nothing for motion alerts AND it had stopped recording the entire feed since 10pm the following night. :mad-new:

I updated to the new version this morning and hopefully that resolves my issue. Very bummed that I did not capture what/who was making noise on my front porch last night. This is the exact reason why I bought BI in the first place.
Welcome to the forum. Its VERY important to disable auto update and wait before updating until the bugs are worked out. This simple step will provide for flawless performance. Its also extremely important to test your motion settings thoroughly. This is particularly true when new motion detection algorithms have been implemented.

Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I'll confirm my autoupdate settings when I get home to hopefully avoid this in the future. I'm also in the process of updating my cameras to better quality cameras and will likely have to buy a new PC for my BI install. I'll be reading up in these forums as much as possible to get things setup right. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I'll confirm my autoupdate settings when I get home to hopefully avoid this in the future. I'm also in the process of updating my cameras to better quality cameras and will likely have to buy a new PC for my BI install. I'll be reading up in these forums as much as possible to get things setup right. :)
Buy a fourth or sixth gen intel pc. Haswell/skylake. See the threads on optiplex or elitedesk.