Mounting 2532 onto cinderblock wall -- how I did it

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you the great external enclosure I found at Home Depot that perfectly fit the DS-2CD2532F-IS

Install pics:
http://imgur.com/a/CrQ0M

I'm a home renter, so I attempt to keep things as nondestructive as possible. This enclosure (Wiremold V5737, painted to match the cinderblock), paired with four #6-32 x 1-1/4 flat head Phillips machine screws (to secure the camera base to the enclosure) were an amazing pairing with the 2532.

Attachments

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Going to be looking directly at it with regular frequency, so I thought I might try as much. At first I was thinking about taking a larger PVC pipe and finding a way to get it sliced lengthwise to contain all the pigtails. This worked out much better.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
I did something similar too. I wall mounted the mini dome camera and secured and weather sealed the cat5e cable.

Attachments

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you the great external enclosure I found at Home Depot that perfectly fit the DS-2CD2532F-IS

Install pics:
http://imgur.com/a/CrQ0M

I'm a home renter, so I attempt to keep things as nondestructive as possible. This enclosure (Wiremold V5737, painted to match the cinderblock), paired with four #6-32 x 1-1/4 flat head Phillips machine screws (to secure the camera base to the enclosure) were an amazing pairing with the 2532.
Did you use the trapezoidal knock-out opening of the box? If so, how did you interface that to your conduit? I'm running Cat-6 directly into the opening, but need some sort of rubber grommet or something to protect the cable.

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you use the trapezoidal knock-out opening of the box? If so, how did you interface that to your conduit? I'm running Cat-6 directly into the opening, but need some sort of rubber grommet or something to protect the cable.
Yeah, there's a little breakaway tab on the side there that I just slid the tubing into -- perfect fit.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not use conduit that is designed to be outdoors along with the Hikvision mounting boxes. I have to head back to a customers house to add more cameras that they want. I ran 170' of emt with rain tight connectors, couplings and Hikvision mounting boxes. I will take photos while I'm up there.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
realize this is an old thread but that looks really nice, good work on the color matching conduit.. I did something similar with two (dahua) bullets and EMT Conduit.. I have a few benders so I can do nice bends w/out junctions so that helps alot.

that junction box in the top link is made for EMT conduit, if you use PVC you wont find proper connectors.. its designed to have a retaining nut put on the inside vs PVC is glued and cant be screwed down to the housing... I would suggest avoiding PVC outdoors and above ground, it does not age as well as EMT.. UV will make PVC sag and become brittle when exposed to the sun.. even when painted Ive seen horizontal runs sagging within a few years.. vertical runs wont sag obviously but still.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not use conduit that is designed to be outdoors along with the Hikvision mounting boxes. I have to head back to a customers house to add more cameras that they want. I ran 170' of emt with rain tight connectors, couplings and Hikvision mounting boxes. I will take photos while I'm up there.
Which hikvision box fits the 2532?

menno86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about mounting my Hikvision Dome Mini on a vertical wall (see pics below). Can I just screw the mounting plate on the wall and screw the camera on top? I would like to mount as close to the wall as possible to let it blend in. Is this weatherproof or does it needs sealing off or something?

Schermafbeelding 2016-03-20 om 18.15.01.jpgSchermafbeelding 2016-03-20 om 18.14.33.jpg

Do i need to be worried about leaving the green socket open?
Schermafbeelding 2016-03-20 om 20.12.14.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about mounting my Hikvision Dome Mini on a vertical wall (see pics below). Can I just screw the mounting plate on the wall and screw the camera on top? I would like to mount as close to the wall as possible to let it blend in. Is this weatherproof or does it needs sealing off or something?

View attachment 9173View attachment 9174

Do i need to be worried about leaving the green socket open?
View attachment 9175
Welcome to the forum..yes you can mount it directly to the wall. Wrap all connections in coax seal.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i:aps,k:coax+seal&keywords=coax+seal&ie=UTF8&qid=1458501616

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also caulk around where mouting base meets wall.

menno86

n3wb
Reaction score
Also caulk around where mouting base meets wall.
Thank you very much. Does someone perhaps has some caulk photos, just to be sure? So if i caulk the base againt the wall and screw on the cam, it doesent need any caulk between the base and the cam?