Mounting cameras on a satellite stand,

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thought I share my last project. Might be an idea for someone else.
After my last undertaking of updating my security system, found myself with a couple of extra cameras.
Thinking how to use my surplus cameras. Reflected about adding some extra coverage for the back of my house.
Behind the house, the road runs on an elevated embankment. Contemplated that it be nice to have more coverage. Looking at my options, figured I could mount them on inactive satellite stands.
Things worked out very nice. Only problem, now up to 32 cameras. Needing to get another computer. My I-7 is maxed out. (more $$$).

Attachments

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
How's the view with the cameras at that height?

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great! but remember, the roadway is elevated behind my house. Thinking about LPR, will definitely need more zoom. figure about 32 to 64mm. Over all, very happy how it worked out. Lots of traffic behind my house. It's getting very built up here. Everybody escaping from California. Driving up the real estate.

Attachments

Last edited:

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great!
Have you considered a 32 or 64 channel NVR?
I"m pretty happy with blue Iris. But now, I"m getting into A.I., might have to transfer back to NVR. (this is getting out of control $$$$$) Retirement killing me. Don't do things half ass

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy macro, what IP camera was used for this scenery?! :eek: (pun intended)

I lived in many beautiful places [see avatar name], but, I like it here best. Reno has soo much to offers, and weather is to my liking, (high mountainous desert). Skiing only 30 miles away, and not having to live in the snow. View attachment 53512