Mounting Hikvision 2032 off 1/2" threaded nipple?

Reaction score
So I already have a Hikvision camera that is mounted onto a junction box. Off the junction box is a threaded hole which I believe the size is 1/2". For ascetics, wiring and area Im looking to cover I believe mounting a 2032 to the threaded hole would be ideal. has anyone ever mounted the Hikvision 2032 off the threaded connection on a junction box?

Here is a link to the junction box I have
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Hikvision-DS-1280ZJ-DM20-Junction-Box-Bracket-CCTV-Camera-Accessories-Conduit-Base-For-Hikvision-2CD27xx/1971671530.html

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you want to mount a 1/2" nipple coming out of the box and attach the camera to that?

It could work, you would need a custom adapter plate from 1/2 to the 3 screw base mount.

BUT, the cable end of the camera will not fit through the nipple.

Reaction score
The cable end was another thought I had after this post. Wonder if I can cut it off and redo it? Or I need to come up with another solution.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cable end was another thought I had after this post. Wonder if I can cut it off and redo it? Or I need to come up with another solution.....
dont cut the camera cable...you are asking for trouble...
I would cut the nipple off and make a whole large enough to pass the cable though if there is enough plastic left to mount the camera...or just replace the junction box with a larger unit.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please tell me you didn't pay $29 for a box available for about $2 at Home Depot.