Moving ip cans from one nvr to new one

Reaction score
My old nvr was on up 172.16.1.88 domain. I moved the ip cans to the new nvr and the nvr sees the cans under a different ip but I can’t get the cameras to display.
The ip cams come up on the new nvr under 192.168.254.88
I had tech support try to log into the ip cams but he was unable to. He thinks the cams will only work with the old nvr
I just bought this system 3 years ago. Am I stuck throwing the old stuff away or can I get them to talk to each other and play nice?

Reaction score
Silly question:
what make model is the cams as well as the new and old NVR?
Old system is Lux. Picture shows model number of cams and nvr with long box being the nvr. New one is staub nvr that uses guarding vision app. I’d be willing to go to a new nvr and app if I can use the old cams.
I called tech support on the old nvr and they are no longer supporting that system or the Lux technologies app. You can get their new nvr but not available in canada

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Those number reveal nothing in a google search, any chance the cam or nvr labels reveal different info?? Although Lux seems to be a MSTR Brand
Does old NVR have an Ethernet port for each cam on the back?
Any chance you attempted setting the new NVR to the IP of the old NVR, or at least in the same scheme of the cams?

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your NVR sees the cameras, I'm assuming the network side of it is fine. On the display screen for each camera does it say invalid user/password or account locked? If so, it's the user name/password the NVR is trying to access the cameras with.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My old nvr was on up 172.16.1.88 domain. I moved the ip cans to the new nvr and the nvr sees the cans under a different ip but I can’t get the cameras to display.
The ip cams come up on the new nvr under 192.168.254.88
I had tech support try to log into the ip cams but he was unable to. He thinks the cams will only work with the old nvr
I just bought this system 3 years ago. Am I stuck throwing the old stuff away or can I get them to talk to each other and play nice?
Old system is Lux. Picture shows model number of cams and nvr with long box being the nvr. New one is staub nvr that uses guarding vision app. I’d be willing to go to a new nvr and app if I can use the old cams.
I called tech support on the old nvr and they are no longer supporting that system or the Lux technologies app. You can get their new nvr but not available in canada
Welcome @hellothere123

While pictures are very helpful, please also remember to also help us understand better by adding the appropriate text also.

Such as with the NVR kit model, also including the text: MSTRLXTLXKN4, MSTRXTN4IT .. this in addition to the picture of the box is useful.

Note, MSTRLXTXKN4 = the model printed on one of the boxes, MSTRXTN4IT is printed on the other box.

In terms of the question:
Can my old cameras work with the new NVR .. perhaps.

What is the model of your new NVR?

Additional questions:

1) Why are you no longer wanting to use the older NVR?
2) Do you know the OEM of the older NVR?
3) Do you know the OEM of the newer NVR?
4) Why did you buy the new NVR?
5) Do we know more about why the vendor does not support the Lux kit anymore?

Reaction score
I didn’t know what information I needed. I’ll gather all that u listed and will reply back tomorrow. Thankyou

Reaction score
Those number reveal nothing in a google search, any chance the cam or nvr labels reveal different info?? Although Lux seems to be a MSTR Brand
Does old NVR have an Ethernet port for each cam on the back?
Any chance you attempted setting the new NVR to the IP of the old NVR, or at least in the same scheme of the cams?
I tried this. Modified the new nvr ip to match the old one and the cameras work. Thankyou