Multi carrier Alerts

Reaction score
Hello,

With the much anticipated Blue Iris 5 just days away I wonder if it'll be possible to send text/MMS alerts to people on different carriers. I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this on Blue Iris 4. For example I am on Verizon and the other is on ATT.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

With the much anticipated Blue Iris 5 just days away I wonder if it'll be possible to send text/MMS alerts to people on different carriers. I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this on Blue Iris 4. For example I am on Verizon and the other is on ATT.
Currently, for BI4, this is how you can address that need and it's likely BI5 will operate the same way:

Instead of selecting "send a SMS text message" upon alert, select "send an e-mail message", and send 2 e-mails;1 to the AT&T customer at "1234567890@txt.att.net" and 1 to the Verizon customer at "1234567890@vtext.com" where "1234567890" is the 10-digit phone number.

Of course, Blue Iris' Outgoing SMTP e-mail server would need to be set up properly and operational, as it would have to be anyway for SMS as well....that's because this is what BI does for SMS...it's sends an e-mail as outlined above.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

If you want this function you need to email support and ask him for it. It wont change on its own. Push notifications are faster than text alerts.

Reaction score
If you want this function you need to email support and ask him for it. It wont change on its own. Push notifications are faster than text alerts.
For clarification do you mean push notifications via a mobile app? If so, I don't think the others in the household want to spend the money on the app. As a result, the reason I'm trying to get this setup.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For clarification do you mean push notifications via a mobile app? If so, I don't think the others in the household want to spend the money on the app. As a result, the reason I'm trying to get this setup.
Yes. The app store should have a family option. Regardless its 10 bux which is nothing.