Multiple recording under motion..?

gbodybilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a setting to enable Blue Iris to record multiple cameras at the same time under motion triggering? I have 4 Dahua PoE cams set to trigger motino and have pre-trigger set on all 4. Or, if this is default, is there something obvious I unintentionally did/undid? Much help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the issue you are having? if you cameras are not recording, try unchecking object detect reject in the motion settings...also post an image of you motion detection and record settings.

gbodybilly

n3wb
Reaction score
My apologies - I wasn't clear enough. All 4 cameras do record. I do have an overlap between the cameras' field of view. Camera 1 records with a decent amount of pre-trigger and the overlapping camera 2 picks up once motion is picked up. Camera 1's recording halts at this point while Camera 2 is recording. I'm trying to figure out how I can get Camera 1 to continue recording while the motion is still picked up in the overlapping area in the field of coverage on both Camera 1 and Camera 2.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, ok. You need to setup a camera group and put camera 1 and 2 in the same group. Then in the motion settings you can select trigger camera group. This will trigger the other cameras in the group.

gbodybilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent! When I get home, I'll look and experiment with that. Thanks, fenderman!