Murphy's Law

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
Just moved the camera that would have got a good capture of him. He came up from the neighbors driveway and over by my side living room window. I will be adding to the camera collection soon.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I will check it out..
I hope it works now, it worked on the preview and I check the youtube links. Let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
00Buck ,

I see you're recording audio. I do too. ("consent" is required in my city, and my sign that states audio/video recording is taking place on my property, may nevertheless put me in a gray area, legally)

Do you have any reservations about recording audio?

Fastb

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
Indiana is a one party state. I have a couple of signs just in case.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Indiana is a one party state. I have a couple of signs just in case.
This is a common misconception...one party states still require that the "one party" be part of the conversation...you cannot record two other people or a person talking on a cellphone...

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Didn't give a shit about your motion light. Seems the road traffic was more of a concern.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like he was just taking a shortcut maybe? or casing the place without looking like he was.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a common misconception...one party states still require that the "one party" be part of the conversation...you cannot record two other people or a person talking on a cellphone...
If you've got signs saying video and audio monitoring and are actively listening to / monitoring the feed are you now a 'party' to the conversation?
If you're sitting in a van listening to a conversation 300' away with a parabolic mic are you now a party to the conversation?

Colorado does have an exception allowing recording audio for security on your property.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you've got signs saying video and audio monitoring and are actively listening to / monitoring the feed are you now a 'party' to the conversation?
If you're sitting in a van listening to a conversation 300' away with a parabolic mic are you now a party to the conversation?

Colorado does have an exception allowing recording audio for security on your property.
Signs may allow you to do it, my point was simply that one party consent requires the recorder to be one of the parties.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
He wasn't taking a short cut, there are fences on the properties on both sides. I am almost positive that he looked in the side living room window. We leave the blind up about 6" so the cat can see out. and the monitor screen from the
Blue Iris gives off some light. I stepped through some of the video and it looks like he may be wearing a mask of some type.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

been trying to find out the law on that here in florida, do you have a website you looked at that shows other states?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
He wasn't taking a short cut, there are fences on the properties on both sides. I am almost positive that he looked in the side living room window. We leave the blind up about 6" so the cat can see out. and the monitor screen from the
Blue Iris gives off some light. I stepped through some of the video and it looks like he may be wearing a mask of some type.
better be on high alert!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
"Florida law makes an exception for in-person communications when the parties do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the conversation, such as when they are engaged in conversation in a public place where they might reasonably be overheard."

This sounds like anyone outside of your home would have no reasonable expectation of privacy. From all the research I have done it seems like it would be a great idea for me to throw up some signs around the property warning of video and audio recording in progress just to cover me. I had two that warned of video surveillance on the mailbox but they blew away during the last hurricane and I have not replaced them, heh.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
"Florida law makes an exception for in-person communications when the parties do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the conversation, such as when they are engaged in conversation in a public place where they might reasonably be overheard."

This sounds like anyone outside of your home would have no reasonable expectation of privacy. From all the research I have done it seems like it would be a great idea for me to throw up some signs around the property warning of video and audio recording in progress just to cover me. I had two that warned of video surveillance on the mailbox but they blew away during the last hurricane and I have not replaced them, heh.
What are you covering yourself from? Lawsuit? You are the only one that knows that audio is being recorded and the only place or time that you may have a problem is if the video is used in court, which you would just not include audio in the video that you provide to the detective. Same with video. You can record video of anything. You just might not be able to use it in court. I am sure that if you captured a conversation outside of your house, of two people talking about murdering someone, then the two people went and murdered that person, you would not be in trouble from the law. Putting up signs just reminds everyone to cover their faces and bring something to vandalize your cameras when they break into your car or house.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bababouy Criminal is criminal. Saying its ok if you don't get caught is how people wind up in court. Illegally obtained evidence isn't admissible.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
@JFire The point I'm trying to make is, if you are recording audio or video for the right reasons, you shouldn't have to post signs that tell the criminals what your security defense is. The right reason being, to capture and prosecute criminals and/or criminal activity. I may be opening a can of worms here, maybe I should delete the last post.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
If someone is snooping around somebody else property why would they expect privacy.