My Big Social Security Increase From Biden.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a letter from the Social Security Administration yesterday detailing my large payment increase. Reading the top line it says my monthly payout went up $259.10. Wow! More than I expected. Then I read the next line and they have deducted $238.10 for Medicare part B. Say what!!!! Then the next line says they deducted $12.40 for Medicare Part D. Oh no!!!!

So the bottom line is I got an $8 a month increase in my bank account from Social Security. Near as I can tell that is a .47% increase in my pocket. Let's see now, with the Biden inflation running around 5.9% that is about the proverbial drop in the bucket. I did better under the Trump administration with a lot less inflation.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a letter from the Social Security Administration yesterday detailing my large payment increase. Reading the top line it says my monthly payout went up $259.10. Wow! More than I expected. Then I read the next line and they have deducted $238.10 for Medicare part B. Say what!!!! Then the next line says they deducted $12.40 for Medicare Part D. Oh no!!!!

So the bottom line is I got an $8 a month increase in my bank account from Social Security. Near as I can tell that is a .47% increase in my pocket. Let's see now, with the Biden inflation running around 5.9% that is about the proverbial drop in the bucket. I did better under the Trump administration with a lot less inflation.
".. Near as I can tell that is a .47% increase in my pocket .."

IRS will be taxing pockets .. any amounts over 60c will need to be accounted for moving in or out of a pocket ..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So much I need to learn, the wife is starting Medicare next year, cost is based on 2 years prior previous income, if I am reading this right:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, they look at your tax statements and how much money you made. Then they tax you accordingly for Part B.
Is this true with Supplements/Advantage Plans?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Republicans can take back the House in 2022 :D
That will at least help stop/slow down some of the nonsense. Let's just hope they don't botch things up and lose the house again when we get a Republican in the WH. I have little faith in any politician but Trump. When it comes to Rep's, they're all talk. When it comes to Dem's, they fuck shit up and make it worse than before. With Trump, he did what he said he would do, and did it fast. :headbang: