My Clip List is Empty

Lou

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one camera using the latest version of Blue Iris Software (3.62.06) with Win 7.

My Foscam FI8910W is recording clips that I can view when I navigate to the Blue Iris New Folder or to the Alert Folder on my hard drive and select one of the clips in the folder.

Yet none of the clips appear on the Clip List. It says "Empty List".

I have the Clip List set to All, the filter button is off, but the list remains empty.

I even did a right-click in the Clip List area, selected Database, Repair/Regenerate. Still no success.

Is there some setting I need to set that I missed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Lou

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Ensure that the little timeline clock to the right of the drop down box is not selected.

Lou

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. The little timeline clock is not selected.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also make sure selected camera only is not selected.

Lou

n3wb
Reaction score
None of the Icons above the Clip List are on except for the "green flag" indicating "All" in the drop down box.

By the way, the Blue Iris App on my IPhone is working fine. I can see the list of Alerts, and I can view the Clips.

Don't know if that's significant regards my PC issue

Lou

n3wb
Reaction score
Many times.

I ordered another Foscam Camera (FI8921W) due to arrive today that I would like to add to my setup.
So I would surely like to resolve this issue before I do.

Do you think it may be time for me to delete/reinstall Blue Iris on my PC or is that too drastic an action at this time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would email support first and see if there is a better solution...you might try changing your clips folder to a new one then changing it back and see if it repopulates... but re-install should work.
As an aside the FI8921W is junk...i suggest looking at the Hikvision 2432 3mp cube camera with a 2.8mm lens...you will get wide coverage 24/7 with not need for ptz. the 2432 also has a PIR motion sensor, POE, SD card, and two way audio that works well. They are available for about 110 on aliexpress.

Lou

n3wb
Reaction score
I just Clicked on the "Selected camera only" icon above the Clip List and the Clips suddenly appeared in the list.
When I turn it off, the list goes empty???
Strange... I only have one camera. Any thoughts?

Thank you again for the help... much appreciated. And thank you for the camera suggestion. Will look into it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm...thats strange...maybe there is a bug when only one camera is present...you can add your current cam again as a duplicate and test that theory...regardless glad you figured it out...

Reactions: Lou

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
I just Clicked on the "Selected camera only" icon above the Clip List and the Clips suddenly appeared in the list.
When I turn it off, the list goes empty???
Strange... I only have one camera. Any thoughts?

Thank you again for the help... much appreciated. And thank you for the camera suggestion. Will look into it.
Did this ever start working properly? I have 11 cameras and today this exact same thing happened to me. I have no idea what I did. I've tried everything you did and when I click on the selected camera only, the camera that is highlighted has clips in it. However, when I don't have a date selected or certain camera selected, nothing appears in my lists and they display "List Empty".

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm with Debbie on this one. Just updated to the newest version last night and was tired and did not check anything out. Got up this morning and my list is empty! The only time anything shows up is when I click on the little camera icon and select cameras one by one. I am running 5 cameras. When little camera gets unselected list is empty again. Little help?

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Th
I'm with Debbie on this one. Just updated to the newest version last night and was tired and did not check anything out. Got up this morning and my list is empty! The only time anything shows up is when I click on the little camera icon and select cameras one by one. I am running 5 cameras. When little camera gets unselected list is empty again. Little help?
Thank goodness! I was afraid I was the only person this is happening to! I still have not had success getting it working properly again. I emailed BI support when I posted this and still have not received a reply. Ugh!!! So frustrating!!!!

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have the same issue after recent upgrade but only after I deleted some clips from the list. It was fine until then, now no clips show unless I use the "Selected Camera Only" button.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just revert back to an older version...in the future dont apply updates as soon as they are released

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Now all of a sudden my clips have returned with no changes on my part (save for any new clips that have been recorded automatically). All I did was turn off the "Selected Camera Only" button and they appear as normal. There is a new update now as well (have not installed it yet).

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have updated to the newest version of 4.5.5.1 x64
This looks to have fixed this issue.

I will poke about and find newer versions than I have to manually download to fill in some blanks.
Thanks for the help. Working now.