My first attempts have failed..

asujithdr

n3wb
Reaction score
The principle is to set up only motion detection in NVR, and do the intrusion and line cross in camera. Enable virtual driver in NVR, so you will be able to see the links to log in to camera directly in the camera management page of NVR.
First, in NVR - basic events- tick enable motion detection and dynamic analysis. In the linkage method only tick notify surveillance centre and trigger channel tick boxes. In the NVR smart events, tick enable intrusion detection and line cross which ever you need. Do not draw box or line at this stage. In the linkage method, do not tick any boxes.
Now log in to camera, make sure email is setup in the camera and tested working with a test mail. Go to smart events, draw area or line, define the parameters, and tick notify surveillance centre, email and trigger channel, then save. Test if it works. Mine sends me email with 3 pictures attached. You may need to adjust the parameters several times to minimise false positives.
Hope that works.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, when you enable motion detection in the nvr do you also draw the area in the nvr? Or do you draw the area in the motion detection section of the cameras only?

What does dynamic analysis do Btw?

jerome8283

n3wb
Reaction score
When I configure email on each camera directly and attempt to test, I get the following message, 'Failed to connect the test server'