My Hik/LTS NVR shows me total rec bandwith in 2 places and they don't match

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I look in MENU>MAINTENANCE>NET DETECT>NETWORK STAT, my Hik/LTS NVR shows me about 56 Mbps incoming from the cameras... but if I add up the values seen in MENU>MAINTENANCE>SYSTEM INFO>RECORD, it seems like it should be less.

So, which number should I believe?

In what may be a related issue, the realtime bitrate overview at MENU>MAINTENANCE>SYSTEM INFO>RECORD often shows the current value jump above the max bitrate that I have set for that camera. For example I have a camera at 4096, looking at a mostly still scene, and it will often jump to 6k or higher.

So, maybe MENU>MAINTENANCE>NET DETECT>NETWORK STAT is the correct average value, in which case the question is: how can I set a max bitrate that the system will honor?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I look in MENU>MAINTENANCE>NET DETECT>NETWORK STAT, my Hik/LTS NVR shows me about 56 Mbps incoming from the cameras... but if I add up the values seen in MENU>MAINTENANCE>SYSTEM INFO>RECORD, it seems like it should be less.

So, which number should I believe?

In what may be a related issue, the realtime bitrate overview at MENU>MAINTENANCE>SYSTEM INFO>RECORD often shows the current value jump above the max bitrate that I have set for that camera. For example I have a camera at 4096, looking at a mostly still scene, and it will often jump to 6k or higher.

So, maybe MENU>MAINTENANCE>NET DETECT>NETWORK STAT is the correct average value, in which case the question is: how can I set a max bitrate that the system will honor?
Dont forget to include the substream and its bitrate in your calculations.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I completely overlooked that. I'm not using the substream for anything, but I guess it's still being captured!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I completely overlooked that. I'm not using the substream for anything, but I guess it's still being captured!
The NVR uses the substream when displaying the cameras in matrix view.