My Huisun PTZ V2 10x arrived - need advice

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All for re-use/re-purpose, and landfills thank you. PoE issues aside, I think you'll enjoy your cam once all the kinks work out. I seem to recall Candy did reassure you (unless I'm dreaming?) earlier, so I would pursue a dispute and apply any refund towards that PoE goal. Poor descriptions (altered?) only lead to such misunderstandings, and only cash talks to get them to 'behave', if at all. Cheers!
You are right I am enjoying the cam. It is going up on my roof as soon as the power injectors get here.

Yesterday started on a mount for it. I have a Davis weather station mounted on a 1" pipe on my roof and the top end of the pipe is were the Huisun PTZ will go. Bought a 1" conduit pipe thread mount, a sealed plastic box, put the 2 together, it's almost ready just need to make a mount that will allow the cam to set directly on top of the box with a spacer designed to have the Huisun bolt right on top without using the arm. I have a lathe and mill and plenty of aluminum and plastic stock.

Today, made a prototype for the camera mount out of some nylon I had laying around because I knew the nylon would be very easy to machine. In the next few days I'll reproduce this design in aluminum with a few slight revisions. I used the stock Huisun mounting screws and it fit well and felt solid. This nylon is pretty soft so that is why I will make an aluminum version. If this was the harder type nylon I would just use it and not bother making another out of aluminum.

In the below photos I am just holding it all together to simulate how it will go. The camera mount is not screwed to the top of the plastic box. I will remake it out of aluminum before I drill/tap the mounting holes to screw it to the top of the plastic box. I was going to not use a box and attempt to slide the connectors inside the pipe but decided that would have been too much trouble as I'm sure it would have been a very tight fit getting those connectors inside the pipe. Using the box will make the connection easy to do.

20160502_150307.jpg 20160502_151109.jpg 20160502_151510.jpg

Here [below] is a quick video made from my roof where I am going to mount the Huisun PTZ. Watch this and you will see why I bought this camera.

Sorry It is a bit unsteady, I used my cell phone and quickly turned around 360 degrees, being on an inclined roof I was not really able to hold the camera very steady.

The rusty top of the pipe with the weather station mounted on it is where the camera will mount. I may end up moving the weather station down a little to make room and keep the cam from blocking the rain collector on the weather station.

Youtube is getting really good when it comes to removing shakiness from video, you would not believe how much they where were able to improve this video, it was so shaky I almost got motion sickness watching it, now you can hardly tell.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lots of complaints now days about this seller. I dooo believe I will be moving on now. Thank goodness I bought my 30x times from someone else! Thank you all for posting!!!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nice view there! Although, you may find that 10x is a bit limited. 30x would be sweet there

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here [below] is a quick video made from my roof where I am going to mount the Huisun PTZ. Watch this and you will see why I bought this camera.
Wow! That is a stunning view, lovely!

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice view there! Although, you may find that 10x is a bit limited. 30x would be sweet there
Yes I wanted this 30x Dahua at 636.00 but I am kind of cash poor right now and I have other items I bought recently on my CC card I need to pay off.

If not for that I would have stepped up and bought the Dahua.

I am hoping this Huisun will survive for a while up there, It is a hot dry hostile environment, though maybe not as bad as some places would be such as Tucson AZ etc.

I am planning on upgrading the hood on the Huisun to a much better one with full top/side coverage and about 1/2 of free air space around the cam so the sun does not bake Mr. Huisun PTZ's brain to mush. I do get a lot of wind so even though it will be HOT up there I am hoping the constant airflow and the hood will keep him cool enough. My wife vetoed mounting him under the eve of the house.

She thinks I have gone mad as a hatter with all these cams. I have a good excuse though as we have 2 little Sheltie dogs and my wife loves them about 6 time mores then she does me so I just tell her they are "doggie cams" so I can keep an eye on your dogs. My neighborhood is really pretty safe security wise, not much goes on as up here as the escape routes are extremely limited if there was a burglary and the cops were called, 2 cops could block exit from the entire area as there are only 2 ways in/out.

About the most exciting thing that has happened in the last 6 months was I caught a mail thief plundering all the mail boxes last fall at 3AM. Person was driving around the area and opening every mail box up here, I watched for a while with a powerful set of binoculars and eventually could see him open the mail box and look, then move to the next one and do the same and then take mail if there was any. At first I thought it might just be some one delivering newspapers or flyers but I could see him removing mail I knew what he was up to. I called it in and the sheriff came up, I stayed on the phone and directed them right to the guy as he turned off his lights when he saw the car coming. Busted him with a whole bunch of stolen mail.

Cops said he was looking for credit card mail for ID theft purposes. Just another idiot thief, if he was smart he could have made himself an IR based night vision setup and not had to use his headlights, I never would have seen him then.

The PTZ Cam would have made that a lot more easy, I could have done the entire thing right from my desk instead of having to take the trouble of standing out on my deck with binoculars in the freezing cold to watch him. Would have been cool to have all that recorded also.

Next thing I'll have to do is get some good IR lights to mount around my yard so I can watch for wild life at night. Ever since I moved here I can always here coyotes all around my house at night but I have never been able to actually see one. See everything else though including lots of deer.

Robert

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Interesting to see more night videos for that Dahua. It uses 4MP 1/3 sensor which is probably the same as their fixed cams which doesn't perform as good as 2MP 1/2.8.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting to see more night videos for that Dahua. It uses 4MP 1/3 sensor which is probably the same as their fixed cams which might perform as good as 2MP 1/2.8.
Yes I did see that sensor size and was wondering how good it would really be. I think before I actually do order one like this a lot more research would be in order.

Robert

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WoW! What a view! I am totally green with envy. I am sticking with the 10x because my view is not that good. So just going to use it to try and see who is coming over my fence to nail my mower gas out of my shed. :p

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Interesting to see more night videos for that Dahua. It uses 4MP 1/3 sensor which is probably the same as their fixed cams which doesn't perform as good as 2MP 1/2.8.
Do you know which sensor that is? I done a quick search and did not see the specific sensor.

I have a Cantonk 4MP 20x speed dome on the way which is 1/3" omnivision, OV4686 I believe.

I know the sensor size isn't ideal for night but hope the IR will be strong enough up close.

More than anything it will be a play/weather cam with security as a side duty.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know which sensor that is? I done a quick search and did not see the specific sensor.

I have a Cantonk 4MP 20x speed dome on the way which is 1/3" omnivision, OV4686 I believe.

I know the sensor size isn't ideal for night but hope the IR will be strong enough up close.

More than anything it will be a play/weather cam with security as a side duty.
No idea, Dahua doesn't list sensor specs.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea, Dahua doesn't list sensor specs.
Yeah I don't like when a company hides specs... but some people find out one way or another. Maybe @nayr knows what cmos is in the Dahua

I have one of the Sony 1/2.9" 22x speed domes coming also, delivery date of May 9th. I sent a message this morning asking which cmos it was exactly. Should hear back tonight.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Made my updated version of the mount out of aluminum today, my power injector also arrived. Tomorrow this puppy is going up on the roof.

20160504_143708(1).jpg 20160504_181157(1).jpg 20160504_174443(1).jpg

Made a little revision and kept the rim intact on the aluminum version as the black material inside the Huisun PTZ base is a rubber seal.

The mount needed an unbroken ring to keep it sealed up and water proof.

UPDATE: Should any one decide to build a mount like this be advised, when the cam is at full tilt down position, it will hit the plastic box. I don't see it as too bad an issue as I don't think I'll be tilting it down that far, Just saying though so you all know. If you want full downward tilt you would need to make the mount taller so the cam sits up higher over the box.

I will ultimately have to have it mounted up on the roof to see if this will be an issue for me. I will be tilting it down to view my yard but I think I will not have to tilt it "all the way" down.

It is raining here today and I don't want to risk falling so I'm not going up there to mount it today.

I'll ad a spacer between the mount and the box later if needed.

Robert

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just FYI Aliexpress keeps a copy of the product listing from the time you ordered it, in case the seller makes changes. You can find it in your order history. Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just FYI Aliexpress keeps a copy of the product listing from the time you ordered it, in case the seller makes changes. You can find it in your order history. Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread.
Yes Ali has a screen shot of the entire order screen as it was when I placed the order. There is pretty much no question on my order it says under technical specifications POE - YES.

But the seller representative "Candy" is ignoring this and stating that "POE" was not in the camera description due to it was not in the main description up in the top of the listing.

Not to mention they sent me a totally different camera model then is in the description, I reminded her of this and the fact it says HS-SCB415IP-V10-E and the -E denoted POE.

She flatly denied this and stated it is not true, -E does not mean POE.

I think I pretty much have them dead to rights on this if I decide to file a item not as described claim with aliexpress. I don't think I'll bother though.

Robert

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Made my updated version of the mount out of aluminum today, my power injector also arrived. Tomorrow this puppy is going up on the roof.

View attachment 10465 View attachment 10466 View attachment 10467

Made a little revision and kept the rim intact on the aluminum version as the black material inside the Huisun PTZ base is a rubber seal.

UPDATE: Should any one decide to build a mount like this be advised, when the cam is at full tilt down position, it will hit the plastic box. I don't see it as too bad an issue as I don't think I'll be tilting it down that far, Just saying though so you all know. If you want full downward tilt you would need to make the mount taller so the cam sits up higher over the box.

I will ultimately have to have it mounted up on the roof to see if this will be an issue for me. I will be tilting it down to view my yard but I think I will not have to tilt it "all the way" down.

It is raining here today and I don't want to risk falling so I'm not going up there to mount it today.

Robert
Nice work! keep us posted once you get it installed. I have one scheduled to arrive 5/9 through DHL if all goes well. Does anyone know if signature is required?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice work! keep us posted once you get it installed. I have one scheduled to arrive 5/9 through DHL if all goes well. Does anyone know if signature is required?
Yes typically a signature is required with DHL.

chopper78

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 10465 View attachment 10466 View attachment 10467

Robert
That's awesome Robert. I have the same problem with the units power cycle. I will try a larger Power Supply and hopefully itll resolve the issue. I like your modification it's exactly what I need for my layout. Care to make one and send it Internationally???