My latest install using Hik turrets and PTZ

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks Like a nice well thought out install. Is that your house or a customers? either way looks neat and clean. You should see some of the stuff I have run into now that i am looking more.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, it's one of my customers houses. The soffit is totally sealed so I went to option 2. I used to be an electrician so running conduit is common to me.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice work! Just as a side thought - consider pulling the LTS warranty/product stickers off the mounting boxes and placing them inside the junction boxes. That way if you have a random warranty claim its there, but not outside drawing attention to it.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The sticker is also on the boxes. I don't remove them ad they aren't a concern for the customer.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
The sticker is also on the boxes. I don't remove them ad they aren't a concern for the customer.
Wasn't trying to sound like an ass - but I'm sure thats how this will come across. Its not about being a "concern" for the customer. Its about a "clean" look when someone pays for something. The camera that is at the door for example when anyone walks by it looks more "professional" and "clean" IMO if that silver sticker is removed and its a clean white sleek looking setup. Again, to each there own, but those stickers are made to remove easily for this reason. Again, your install and your customers, just stating that it would look more "clean" and possibly in some eyes "professional" if they we're removed.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No offense taken. I understand what you mean. I've just never cared about it. But I will pay attention to it next time. Thanks for the advice!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks great, I love me some nice good conduit runs.. you made it to last, and next time they repaint it'll all just vanish.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah there's nothing better than running conduit correctly. I designed this system so that they can expand. With 3/4" conduit you can have 4 cat5e cables. This way no matter which way they expand, there is room in the conduit for 8 cameras total.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Total job took two days. It took 170' of emt to go around front and back of house.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
buying a set of 1/2" and 3/4" conduit benders has been a boon personally, EMT is cheap if you dont fuck around with a bunch of couplers and prebends.

I make all sorts of stuff with it, from lil green houses over the garden boxes to a nice fence hanger for my bug zapper, attached to a switch box so I can easily shut it off and spray it down with garden hose.

nice benifit of conduit runs like this is all the cameras are properly grounded, much less likely to be damaged by near strikes with all the cabling in a faraday cage.. i take it you strapped them to some copper at some point.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strapped to copper nope. They are still adding more equipment. Right now everything runs back to monster power grounded outlet strip.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HV EMT runs get grounded naturally from the outlets/switches, but when running LV ethernet through em you'll want to ground em at some point physically.. you dont want HV to discharge out the ethernet cables if something shorts onto that conduit.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm lemme think. I can ground emt physically from outlet in office. I can run a ground wire to weatherproof box from outlet inside.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nice install blake! can i be your apprentice?
Thanks brotha! I just really take my time when I do an estimate and try to envision the entire installation. I draw everything out on paper and go over it a few times just to make sure! You just keep giving me great prices on the gear! I still have to make my way back to NJ to do my parents house so you can help me with that while I'm there!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have another residential Install to do. For this one I have to use more emt and 4" round boxes so I'll need to use the Hik 4mp mini bullet cams.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks great, If you dont mind me asking what do did you charge to install these cameras? Im trying to get a ball point,I got 2 residents that want cameras, I know it varies from location to location, Private message me

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks nice Blake. I just put another 8 of the 3mp turrets on my house. I like the round junction boxes.
Thanks brotha, I really appreciate it! I really like the finished look of the turret mounting boxes!