My latest install using Hik turrets and PTZ

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think my final personal install will be 2mp or 4mp turrets and 2 mini ptz cams.

MidniteNY

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice and clean install, what junction box are you using with the Hikvision Turret camera? do you have a model # for it? Thanks

JSOLIZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Great install... The conduit runs looks very professional. Looks like it was a very thought out project!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks again! I go to the extreme of drawing everything out after I do my initial site survey.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I've found out is I prefer to install metal weatherproof boxes instead of plastic. The ones at Lowes or Home Depot with 3/4" holes with blank cover runs you about 12 bucks the same as the Hik boxes so it's a no brainer.

Medic2415

n3wb
Reaction score
The install looks great and the turrets fit nicely under the eves of the house. I really like the clean install and overall look of the project.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you ground the runs? My solid copper cable arrived today, so it's time for me to start learning how to do this properly.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Conduit looks awesome. Is it easy to spray paint to match the house? If I were your customer (totally would hire you), I'd pay some extra to have things blend in more. Maybe something you could offer as an add on? Only reason I even ask is because the house looks nice and your install looks deserving of it.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here with the HOA's, homeowners are required to paint there house every 5yrs. That makes it pointless for me to have them pay me extra to paint it.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Per NEC ( National Electrical Code) The conduit runs that I do for exterior runs around a property do not need to be grounded. If you would like to do some sort of grounding, you would have to ground you EMT run on one end not both if the run is continuous. The conduit is not entering the structure from underground like you water line feeding your house which is why it doesn't require to be grounded. Since it is free standing there is no external ground required by code.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you would like, you can use a POE/IP surge/lighting protection block.