My Lorex 16 channel NVR died last night

Reaction score
Well, it had worked VERY WELL over the past 24 months but last night was the coldest night of the year and I figure that all my outdoor POE dome PTZ cameras that have internal heaters probably had their heaters running full blast all night long causing the internal power supply in my NVR to eventually die. Can't get the NVR to turn on. Tried everything but upon opening up the case I discovered a very undersized power supply powering everything. Delta DPS 200PB. Specs 12V 5 amp 52 V 2.5 amp.Very cheap chinese power supply. I can get direct replacements from EBAY but wondered if a larger beefier power supply would be a good idea. I can go for a longer power supply but not wider or taller unless I mount it outside the case which is what I am willing to do to get better long term reliability. What are my options?? Can I get a beefier higher current power supply with the same connectors?? I'm looking to double up on the POE 52V current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks --Greg in Denver.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it had worked VERY WELL over the past 24 months but last night was the coldest night of the year and I figure that all my outdoor POE dome PTZ cameras that have internal heaters probably had their heaters running full blast all night long causing the internal power supply in my NVR to eventually die. Can't get the NVR to turn on. Tried everything but upon opening up the case I discovered a very undersized power supply powering everything. Delta DPS 200PB. Specs 12V 5 amp 52 V 2.5 amp.Very cheap chinese power supply. I can get direct replacements from EBAY but wondered if a larger beefier power supply would be a good idea. I can go for a longer power supply but not wider or taller unless I mount it outside the case which is what I am willing to do to get better long term reliability. What are my options?? Can I get a beefier higher current power supply with the same connectors?? I'm looking to double up on the POE 52V current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks --Greg in Denver.
HI Greg,

Have you determined it is the power supply?

Reaction score
HI Greg,

Have you determined it is the power supply?
Yes I have. Fan does not turn on and 0VDC at both connectors both 12V & 52V are both showing 0. And yes, I am using a different power cord and right now the NVR is in my kitchen and for the past 18 months, it had been in my basement. So different 120V power source and different power cord. Still dead. I did open up the $$20 power supply hopefully looking for a cheap 10 cent fuse. No such luck.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I have. Fan does not turn on and 0VDC at both connectors both 12V & 52V are both showing 0. And yes, I am using a different power cord and right now the NVR is in my kitchen and for the past 18 months, it had been in my basement. So different 120V power source and different power cord. Still dead. I did open up the $$20 power supply hopefully looking for a cheap 10 cent fuse. No such luck.
HI Greg,

Sometimes a cap blows.. wonder if you can test with a PC power supply the NVR board...