My Reolink C1 Pro front door camera

Reaction score
I know this is an indoor camera, but I installed it above the front door as an outdoor camera. For such a little camera, this thing has some cool features. The camera was cheap and has two way audio. I have the camera connected to my network with cat6 and power for live viewing through my iPhone and left the 64 gig micro SD card in the camera for motion events only, no 24/7 recording. Now I can talk with anybody who comes to my door while I am away, or when home and don't want to answer the door. I have provided some pictures of day and night. Amazing how clear the images are at night with such a small little camera. The digital zoom is ok, but not as good as some other cameras.

On a side note, I wish I would have found this web site before I purchase my Swann system. I did a little research before I purchased the Swann system, but found an unbelievable never ending story of information and expensive hardware. I have been lurking on this site for months and found it very informative. In the future, I will definitely be using iPcamtalk as my source of surveillance information. Thank You.

cam5.jpg cam6.jpg hd5.jpg hd1.jpg hd2.jpg hd3.jpg hd4.jpg

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome. So you're using the camera wired, not wireless?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Jesse,

Good to have you join us.

Suggest adding another camera in the future mounted lower to get a better chance of a good facial image for potential ID purposes.

Reaction score
Welcome. So you're using the camera wired, not wireless?

Yes. I have a cat6 cable connected to it with WIFI disabled. I drilled a hole though the garage to the outside and ran power and cat6 to the camera. I then have the other end of the cat6 connected to my Gigabit network through an 8port switch.

Reaction score
Welcome Jesse,

Good to have you join us.

Suggest adding another camera in the future mounted lower to get a better chance of a good facial image for potential ID purposes.
I have two cameras out front with a good view of my street and driveway.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems a little high. When people come to the front door it seems like you will just get the top of thier head.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes. I have a cat6 cable connected to it with WIFI disabled. I drilled a hole though the garage to the outside and ran power and cat6 to the camera. I then have the other end of the cat6 connected to my Gigabit network through an 8port switch.
Thanks. Nice to have the wired option.

Too bad it isn't POE capable; looks like it would make a good alternative for a doorbell cam.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome Jessie. There are both professionals and consumers here on this site. Everyone has something to offer.