My Speeding Dectector Setup

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you share any details about the new cam?
Not yet. The posted details are spotty with any details. It's design to work on a gantry, no more than 30 degree angle. This could be an issue.
The product isn't released yet.

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you share any details about the new cam?
I can't order the new CAM for at least 2 months. Due to COVID they material shortages. As I stated there isn't enough technical information to start any technical work.
The salesman told me the unit can pick a plate up with a vehicle going 120 miles per hour. It adjust the IR so it can read reflective and non reflective plates at night.
The IR is a very powerful flash the can adjust on the fly every frame. So the LPR side is extremely fast, and power full.
The unit only has radar for speed. I have no idea how to transfer data or sync the two cameras until I get a unit. It's just a module attached to the system. I will still need video to record the events as stills don't tell a story.
The modules will need cameras guarding them from damage as well.
Looking forward to not fighting with focus, and sunrise/sunset. Also there should be no reason to not just record all the plates passing by.

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I continue to have issues after installing my retrofitted radar box. System has been up and down as of late.
We are working on important political issues.
I attended our town council meeting. 1st thing on my agenda was to compliment the Algood Police are their presence in our neighborhood.
Next was to complain about the above black Mercedes owned by the owner of the Algood Drug store at the end of my street. He lives on Williams Court no more than a half mile from the store.
He was caught for the third time doing 45mph in a 25 zone. He had apologized after the first time we met. I accepted his apology. Apparently we have no honor in this neck of the woods. The next time I attached his name, address, and plate number, a publish it in violation of TN law. He was one of our more prolific speeder on our street.
The next issue was the 3 GT Mustang who harassed our neighborhood for over 9 months. The Chief was willing up give up a Fireman in another town but didn't mention the ring leader who lives fairly close to us and a local EMT. (He was effectively taken care of by a neighbor. It wasn't pretty.) It appears they are all public servants. They are very easy to find at Walmart or other local businesses on East Main St. :secret:
The Chief denies they let "E" plates speed, which is complete bullshit.
I talked to the city attorney and submitted changes to the noise ordinances. We will change the words "unreasonable" to a noise DB level/ distance standard so the ordinance can be enforced. Anybody know of a good sound meter that can send data to a PC?
He warned me that the police still wouldn't enforce the law because they didn't witness the event. They think they are going to continue doing nothing when people openly flaunt the law.
I told him "just what I pay lawyers for. To tell me what I can't do". He then went on about citizen arrest etc.
Again I told him you just don't get it. We will pile on the data, and proof. Do nothing, and that's when people will take action on their own. Conversations about you can't pick which laws you enforce. Although they can, and clearly do that from the governor to DA, and law enforcement.
More conversations about hearing the speeding cars for a mile or so at night. It's a thing in TN to modify your exhaust system on your truck/car to impress your neighbors with you small penis size.

The locals are starting to speak up about their streets as well. There has been few articles, and editorials, along with people attending the council meeting.

My next issue is to discover why these individuals thought they were "protected"? I need to get changes at the state level in the "E" plate system.
Thank you 3 GT Mustangs for highlighting these issues and bringing my neighborhood together. What stupid men you were. :thumb:

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
as much as I hate them ... Speed table?

Maybe removable one like Costco that remove them in the winter for snow plow

Last edited:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Man, what a read! One thing I can relate to is the bullshit you get when people don't like being exposed. There are damn trolls everywhere. Unrelated to speeding, we have a problem with people not picking up dog crap. Driving along our main road, I witnessed a young man not picking up his dogs dump. I posted an image from my dashcam which was not great and didn't reveal the guys face.. on social media on a page for our area. Get this, dog shit resulted in 60 comments within 30 minutes. I heard it all. How do I have the right to post someone's picture, do I have anything better to do than post this picture, maybe he ran out of bags... yea right. Anyway, I was wasting too much time replying and was starting to get pissed off so I deleted it and cowardly gave up. If I didn't own and run a business in town I would have been pretty nasty in my replies. In a nutshell, these douches are defending a lazy, privileged punk who has zero respect for other peoples property. Told my girl, why bother? It isn't my lawn, let these aholes step in it. I commend you on your endeavors to keep straight what is right. It amazes me the shit you have dealt with from town officials.

Last edited:

Laserray

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know I haven't put much priority in updating my system. Many changes were taking place that changed my direction.
Number 1 was speeding fell below 20% on my street back in about March. Neighbors started reporting police activity to me. Other neighborhoods started raising hell about the outrageous speeding going on on their streets. I decided to pull back, and work on other projects.
I attended a city council meeting and stated publicly the police presence is flt, and appreciated.
The city council and police chief startling making a noticeable efforts to address the issue with the citizens of our town. Traffic speeding citations are up 10-20 times what they were just 2 years ago. Even my Mustang boys have cut their crap, and rarely show up anymore.:headbang: They police even cited people for excessive muffler noise, reckless driver, etc. My road traffic rate has fallen. The neighborhood feels like a neighborhood, and not a highway bypass. The only thing I can figure is they now use Hwy 111 and North main St to get to Walmart.

The city council called for a traffic meeting and it was well attended.
Democracy is really cool when it works. Some serious venting went on. I felt bad for my Chief of Police as I know the effort he and his department put it. The entire department pitched in. Kudo's to all of them.
The Chief has even started to consider ALPR systems, and Photo traffic control. They currently have loggers to record traffic speeds anywhere in town.

A side complaint was one of the neighborhoods gets more attention. They have two counsel people, and a judge who live there. They are in a very nice home owners associated neighborhood. People might be jelous but they are also attend council meetings in large numbers, and are politically active. hello? That's how democracy works. I also know as a fact by the FOIA records that is not totally true. I'm just glad they live close to me (lol).

I'm calling this a BIG win that will need continuous attention.:thumb: