MyCommerce/Digital River meltdown

This morning while having my coffee I did file a dispute with PayPal on this matter. It took about 5 minutes and was probably a waste of my time, but I figure it was worth a try for Ken's sake. I'll update here on the decision I get. Also, I did get the Blue Dot in the Blue Iris notification area which did link me to this link:
439.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GuiBou and jaydeel
I'm happy to contest the transaction, but I'm not sure what basis I would have to do so. I can't say I didn't receive goods, that I was overcharged, etc. I think this is unfortunately a matter between DR and Ken. At the same time, I would very much like to support Ken as a small business owner. I'm going to continue following this for a few days to determine what the most effective way to do that is.

Happy to say that my two renewals took place in March 2024 and May 2024, so Ken should have had my money, will be checking my Paypal setup now, although by the sounds of things DR won't be a company by March 2025.

I also canceled my auto renewal subscription, I would also like to remove my Credit Card info, but I could not find a delete option.

I also canceled my auto renewal subscription, I would also like to remove my Credit Card info, but I could not find a delete option.
My renewal was on January 2nd so no problem there.
My credit card info there is expired now :) so no problem there too.
I'm just a bit afraid to cancel subscription there for the moment.
I learned about all this today.

Here is the response from Paypal. When I submitted the dispute, I selected "Vendor agreed on a refund", even though they did not, but could not get a hold of them. Just what I expected.

"We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have denied your case. This decision was made because our records show that this transaction was processed correctly."

Reactions: TonyR
Here is the response from Paypal. When I submitted the dispute, I selected "Vendor agreed on a refund", even though they did not, but could not get a hold of them. Just what I expected.

"We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have denied your case. This decision was made because our records show that this transaction was processed correctly."
Yeah, DR is/was a bunch of crooks and scammers, basically thieves.........and I detest thieves. :angry:

Reactions: Tinman

That doesn't surprise me at all. If PayPal has none of DR's funds or anyway to get money back from them, the end user (the buyer) is screwed. I figured it was like pissing in the wind :rolleyes:

Reactions: Oneup and TonyR
I literally just had mine auto-renew this morning and saw the melt-down message when I loaded BI to enter the license key.

What should I do?

That doesn't surprise me at all. If PayPal has none of DR's funds or anyway to get money back from them, the end user (the buyer) is screwed. I figured it was like pissing in the wind :rolleyes:

Except the end-user wasn't screwed - his BI license works and is valid. BI is the one screwed because the middleman didn't pay him.

While it is nice people want to help Ken out, filing a complaint with your credit card or PayPal isn't going to do it because you were provided with what you paid for.

Reactions: JNDATHP
I literally just had mine auto-renew this morning and saw the melt-down message when I loaded BI to enter the license key.

What should I do?

If you received your key for another year, not much you can do, other than turn off auto-renew.

Kinda hard for you to contest your payment when you received what you paid for.

What should I do
I would think Ken would have some way to not validate any keys sold by them by now, otherwise why wouldn't they just keep taking people's money. Did the key work ?

If you received your key for another year, not much you can do, other than turn off auto-renew.

Kinda hard for you to contest your payment when you received what you paid for.
That is what I thought, but wasn't sure what to do in the big picture. If it works, I guess I will just need to renew differently next year.
I would think Ken would have some way to not validate any keys sold by them by now, otherwise why wouldn't they just keep taking people's money. Did the key work ?
I'm not sure. I put the key in and get this pop up. The expiration date is also listed as 2/12/2025, which, by my math, is not 12 months from today.

1729519313222.png

Just got a response from Ken, he says I should be good to go.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove my CC info from MyCommerce. Any suggestions?
If you log in here and find no way to delete CC as others have said, I'd call CC people, explain the issue and let the CC people blacklist DR.

I couldn't find a way to delete it directly. I changed it to check prepayment or something to that effect. Now if I go back to select credit card, it's all blank. Whether they retain it otherwise <shrug>

Reactions: samplenhold
I sent a message asking how to remove payment information and close my account. I will let you know if I get a response.

My next goal is to use the info for a prepaid gift card with a $0 balance.

Due to non-payment, perhaps their impending bankruptcy, we have had to expedite our separation from MyCommerce/Digital River. For new licenses and maintenance renewals, please use the new purchase links found on this website or the ones found in version 5.9.8 or newer.

The very painful fact is that if you purchased any Blue Iris product through MyCommerce/Digital River since July 1, 2024, we have not received any of this money. This has been an extremely stressful time here, considering that more than 1/4 of a year’s revenue is being withheld, and we must consider the possibility of legal action, and that the money may never be recovered. Of course we have decided to “do the right thing” and honor these purchases. If you have the time and wherewithal, we are considering asking customers to contest those charges and then repay us directly.

Ken

The post MyCommerce/Digital River meltdown appeared first on Blue Iris Software.
Just to be 100% sure. If you paid for maintenance prior to July 1, 2024, that payment was successful. Correct? (Good advice about removing the auto payment from PayPal, which I used to handle automatic renewals. I had to remove PayPal as a payment option for this vendor. This worked instead of trying to cancel via the MyCommerce website)

I received this email:
[td]
[td]
Your autopay was canceled
[td]

You successfully canceled the following autopay. You will no longer be billed for this specific autopay.
[/td]​
[td]

Note: Cancelling this autopay with PayPal may not relieve you of the obligation to complete your contract with the merchant.
[/td]​
[/td]
[/td]​

If you log in here and find no way to delete CC as others have said, I'd call CC people, explain the issue and let the CC people blacklist DR.
So, I have no clue what has happened now.

Earlier today I sent an email wanting to know how to remove my credit card info and close my account. I got a response that they could not find my account based on the information provided. I responded with my User ID (my email address they already had), the site I was logging into, and a transaction ID. I just received the email below. Now when I try to log in it takes me to a BI version of the MyCommerce site and the transaction from earlier today is nowhere to be found; I don't even see the transaction ID I supplied in my response email.

My CC statement doesn't even show a debit or credit for the transaction.

1729560625375.png

Earlier vs Now

1729560746582.png 1729560776712.png