MyCommerce/Digital River meltdown

On 2024-08-10 I purchased a copy of Blue Iris for a new build I was doing, it was purchased via Amazon, Amcrest store (). Is it correct to assume that this transaction was not affected by the MyCommerce/DigitalRiver scam?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
I have checked again this morning, and still no debit/credit activity from DR. I searched and the only transaction I see is from this time last year.

I have checked again this morning, and still no debit/credit activity from DR. I searched and the only transaction I see is from this time last year.

If you got a new date, then I guess you somehow got a free update or DR hasn't processed the card yet.

:idk:

It's all weird.

Expiry date in BI is shown as 2/12/2025, which definitely is not 12 months from now.
MyCommerce site will not load for me like it did before, it only shows as BI with none of the same info from before.

From my renewal email:

1729595407738.png

What does BI look like when your maintenance license expires?

:idk:

It's all weird.

Expiry date in BI is shown as 2/12/2025, which definitely is not 12 months from now.
MyCommerce site will not load for me like it did before, it only shows as BI with none of the same info from before.

From my renewal email:

View attachment 205490

What does BI look like when your maintenance license expires?
To the best of my knowledge there is no change to BI when the maintenance key expires, other than it show maintenance is expired on the main setup screen, if you were attempt to upgrade it would revert to evaluation mode!

Reactions: samplenhold
To the best of my knowledge there is no change to BI when the maintenance key expires, other than it show maintenance is expired on the main setup screen, if you were attempt to upgrade it would revert to evaluation mode!
It looks as normal as I can remember. I'll keep an eye on my CC and BI screen and see if anything changes.

Reactions: Bruce_H
Something else to keep in mind with credit card purchases like this, I've always used the "virtual card" feature that my visa offers, so that I can choose to lock that card to prevent any automatic future payments (i.e. auto-renewals). I did that in this case so that Ecommerce/DigitalRiver cant attempt any unauthorized purchases. (from any of my prior renewals).

Last edited:
My yearly subscription is up tomorrow. I don't want to update my BI software version to get the new link to renew. I can't seem to find the updated renew link anywhere. All I can find is the link to purchase BI. Does anyone have it available?

Thanks

This is exactly why I use PayPal where possible for purchases online, so much simpler to cancel things and if really needed to remove the source credit or debit card from just one place
Ditto ^^^.