N43AB52 built-in illuminator not turning on

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I've noticed at times my N43AB52 Starlight camera (powered by Dahua POE NVR) switches to night/b&w profile (automatically when it gets past dusk, I take it, not sure where settings are for that), the camera doesn't light up the built-in IR illuminator light, and going from Auto to Manual (under Camera - Conditions - Profile - General/Day/Night) and moving the slider in manual/hitting apply doesn't seem to kick it the IR illuminator on. Anyone have any ideas? The camera is in the pitch black - no neighborhood lights or anything - screen is black unless a flashlight or headlight drives by - just looking at a black screen with timestamps.

N43AB52, firmware V2.800.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2020-11-24.

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was set to auto. I figured it out - went to exposure and moved the slider on exposure comp from 50 (default) to 100, then back to 50, and now camera is exposing properly - guess the exposure was way too low and didn't automatically adjust as it got dark, for some reason.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I've noticed at times my N43AB52 Starlight camera (powered by Dahua POE NVR) switches to night/b&w profile (automatically when it gets past dusk, I take it, not sure where settings are for that), the camera doesn't light up the built-in IR illuminator light, and going from Auto to Manual (under Camera - Conditions - Profile - General/Day/Night) and moving the slider in manual/hitting apply doesn't seem to kick it the IR illuminator on. Anyone have any ideas? The camera is in the pitch black - no neighborhood lights or anything - screen is black unless a flashlight or headlight drives by - just looking at a black screen with timestamps.

N43AB52, firmware V2.800.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2020-11-24.
FYI - camera discussed

Lite Series | N43AB52

Image Sensor 1/3-in. 4MP CMOS

1695622229153.png

Attachments