Need a Suggestion For Brand/Models For Security Cameras

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct - you set the pan and tilt manually when you install the camera, or make fine tune manual adjustments.

The zoom aspect is done on the computer. But the varifocal is a set it and forget it type camera.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is correct - you set the pan and tilt manually when you install the camera, or make fine tune manual adjustments.

The zoom aspect is done on the computer. But the varifocal is a set it and forget it type camera.
It's sort of easy task or need to "open" the camera and "play" there?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is "easy". No need to open the camera.

The camera is 3 parts - base, ball with the camera, and support piece. It is simply loosening the screw and moving the ball part around.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is "easy". No need to open the camera.

The camera is 3 parts - base, ball with the camera, and support piece. It is simply loosening the screw and moving the ball part around.
About the installation, I need to buy extra thing to put it on the roof for example? or the base is for that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The junction box is up to you. If you have a big enough hole that you can shove the wiring and pigtail back into the soffit or wall, you can do that.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The junction box is up to you. If you have a big enough hole that you can shove the wiring and pigtail back into the soffit or wall, you can do that.
Thanks Thanks Thanks, and again, Thanks for all the help and info!
The camera looks more more better then mine.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
About the installation, I need to buy extra thing to put it on the roof for example? or the base is for that?
Personally I really like junction boxes for most locations ..

For Dahua OEM cameras :

Dahua PFA-121 and PFA-122 are what I like the most now as they share the same base, only the lids are different set of holes for the cameras .. so easy enough to swap the lid if you change out the cameras to a different screw pattern ( one is 3 screws, the other lid for 4 screw camera bases )