Need advice for building dedicated pc for BI

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a Blue Iris and have been running it on a mini digital signage pc that I had laying around from my business however I have too many cameras and CPU goes to 100% and crashes BI almost immediately.

Currently, I have a total of 7 3mp Dahua Cams run with POE. I plan on gradually adding more cameras (another 8-9) around my property. I currently have everything wired and just am buying cameras here and there. We have a lot of property and I run a AV business so I treat this as a learning experience/hobby.

I want to run these cameras as close to real time as I can at 3mp and recording constantly if possible. I want to build a computer that can handle my current/future setup and not have to worry about crashing the computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to run 16 cameras at 3mp, then you will need at the minimum an i7-4790 haswell...these can be had from the dell business outlet for under 500...
You will have to limit your frame rates to 15fps..You might want to wait for skylake...