Need an expert who has setup a Funlux or ZModo DVR system with Blue Iris

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 16 Channel POE FunLux IP camera system. It's all setup and running fine. I can view with the ZViewer software / or Internet Explorer and see all the cameras. I need something better for recording and such. I have Blue Iris at work and it is perfect for what I need. Here is the problem. I can setup the NVR in Blue Iris and see channel 1....but that is it. I know I have 16 ip's, one for each camera (shows Ip for each camera in NVR). The only IP I can actually setup is the NVR IP. It will not access the subnet IP's for each camera. Has anyone been able to find a way to get to those other Ip's in Blue Iris to work. FuxLux and ZModo (Parent Company) have no idea on how to do this. There has to be a way....

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply,
wharris69

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@wharris69 Have you tried simply changing the channel number in the video configuration setting to see if the other channels will display?

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I know it's a problem with the NVR, it assigns IP's to each camera, but you can only access the NVR IP.... No very useful if you cant access each camera seperatly. Changing the Camera Number in Blue Iris does nothing. It's a good camera system for the money, but I'm thinking I should just hook all the cams to a network hub and do away with the NVR.... since I will be using Blue Iris with a 2 TB hard drive to save to. I should be able to access each camera seperatly that way and add them in Blue Iris bypassing the NVR

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I know it's a problem with the NVR, it assigns IP's to each camera, but you can only access the NVR IP.... No very useful if you cant access each camera seperatly. Changing the Camera Number in Blue Iris does nothing. It's a good camera system for the money, but I'm thinking I should just hook all the cams to a network hub and do away with the NVR.... since I will be using Blue Iris with a 2 TB hard drive to save to. I should be able to access each camera seperatly that way and add them in Blue Iris bypassing the NVR
Most NVR's can send a separate stream for each camera to blue iris.....you just need to know the proper url...what is the current url you are using? or the current selection from the blue iris dropdown.

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
If I use one of the cameras IP's in place of the NVR IP above, all I get is a error message - No Source. The NVR is acting like a DHCP server and assigning the cams their own ip...but can't seem to access them, only the NVR

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what is the model of your nvr?
Try changing {camno} to {2} or 2 and see if it displays channel 2

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
All I get is NO SOURCE no matter what channel or IP I use. I guess I will have to see if a Power Injector POE hub will work by just using the cameras to them and not use the NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All I get is NO SOURCE no matter what channel or IP I use. I guess I will have to see if a Power Injector POE hub will work by just using the cameras to them and not use the NVR.
You always need to use the ip address of the NVR if you are pulling a stream from the NVR...what model do you have?

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
The ip in the pic is the NVR IP... Then I have serperate IP's for each camera. FunLux Model
KS-S612TG-S-2TB

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the screen I get when trying to access the Camera IP directly....I can see a drop down box with option of IP or DHCP I think..lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do any of the other zmodo dropdown options work? particularly the ZH rtsp 10554?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can change the option to IP from DHCP...but not sure what happens
Is that the interface to the NVR or one of the cameras?
The NVR should be set to static ip unless you have a dhcp reservation in your router...it must always have the same local ip address and should never change..
If this is the NVR interface then you need to change the ip address in blue iris to match the .222 address here..

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
Cameras
I can access it, from IE by using IP assigned to it, but thats as far as I can get

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have you tried the other zmodo options in the dropdown? the ZH rtsp option?
I doubt the cameras are onvif, but you can try using onvif device manager to get the proper url for the camera...its a free download.

wharris69

n3wb
Reaction score
No I havent....I saw that option, but have never fooled with anything like that, just IP's. I'll take a look at it and try it...can't hurt. I'll let you know and post back in case it works so anyone else runs into this problem, we may have a fix. Thanks for your time and help:)