Need an indoor wifi Camera to work with Blue Iris

schford

n3wb
Reaction score
I shoudl start off by saying that the rest of my cameras are all hikvision or Dahua PoE and wired! I do know the limitations of wifi but for our holiday place I really need a wifi camera for out kitchen.

I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for something that has a wide field of view and a reasonable resolution and is WiF that works with Blue Irisi I could use in my kitchen.

I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Stuart

cage771

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I won't go down the path of using WiFi for cameras, but I've been there and used them in cases like yours (before I started running cable everywhere).

I used wireless cams from both DLink and Samsung. Both integrated into BI just fine once I figured out how to access the stream. Both can be accessed via a phone app as well if that option is needed (not promoting this, but it's an option given the circumstances).

Hope this helps and if you do go with either of these manufacturers, PM me and I can send you the stream information that I used.

schford

n3wb
Reaction score
I won't go down the path of using WiFi for cameras, but I've been there and used them in cases like yours (before I started running cable everywhere).

I used wireless cams from both DLink and Samsung. Both integrated into BI just fine once I figured out how to access the stream. Both can be accessed via a phone app as well if that option is needed (not promoting this, but it's an option given the circumstances).

Hope this helps and if you do go with either of these manufacturers, PM me and I can send you the stream information that I used.
Thanks appreciate that - will go have a gander at Amazon UK.

Cheers

Stuart

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have used a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW cube on wifi for a while till i got it set up on POE.. I have also used a 2MP version of the camere from ANNKE (no longer available) . Also look at the Dahua IPC-K35 camera there are two version one POE the other wifi.