Need an outdoor wireless camera for watching owls and their babies

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
They are linking only the 5MP now.
Which tells me you''ll have to keep searching for the 2MP.
they may have moved on to newer models now at Jidetech.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
how bad is the app and notification speed on that Jidetech PTZ?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We have owls nesting in a tree just outside in our backyard. I'd like to purchase a wireless camera that has a decent optical zoom so we can watch them. Does Dahua offer anything like this. I only mention Dahua since all my other cameras are Dahua. Thanks!
I am using amcrest cams for my owls. You can watch them live at www.okiebirdcam.com I have youtube videos and if you go to the "About" page I have the cam info. This is my 7th season to have my owls. They will be fledging any day now. They are Bubo and Uki ( for Ukraine) Parents are Jack and Carol :) I have two Amcrest cams and I just added my old Dahua cam that reboots at least 5 times a day on my owls. The Dahua is either on Carol roosting or under the tree for footage of the owlets if they fall. We have 6" foam under the tree in case an owlet falls and can't fly. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Here's my youtube page- good luck

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am using amcrest cams for my owls. You can watch them live at www.okiebirdcam.com I have youtube videos and if you go to the "About" page I have the cam info. This is my 7th season to have my owls. They will be fledging any day now. They are Bubo and Uki ( for Ukraine) Parents are Jack and Carol :) I have two Amcrest cams and I just added my old Dahua cam that reboots at least 5 times a day on my owls. The Dahua is either on Carol roosting or under the tree for footage of the owlets if they fall. We have 6" foam under the tree in case an owlet falls and can't fly. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Here's my youtube page- good luck
That's awesome! Looks like they brought something back to the barrel to eat. Squirrel?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I received my camera today from Andy. Couple of things I have noticed.
1) It's not PoE like Andy said.
2) Mounting it vertically on a wall does not work because I can only rotate the video 180°.
3) As for powering it, are there extension cables available that I can use to plug in between the power adaptor and the camera?

1651178724499.png