Need camera replacement options

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all, thanks for looking at my post.

I am looking to upgrade some of my cameras. Right now I have a Vivotek IP8332, a Vivotek FD8134V and some Foscam FI8904W cameras. I am wanting to go to Hikvision as I have used a few and like what I have seen. I even installed a few at the mother in laws home a while back.

I have a few sample pics showing the view I am trying to capture. Lots of shadows and such. I have been looking at the DS-2CD2132F-IS for the domes and the DS-2CD2032-I for the bullets. Would you all suggest anything else? Maybe the DS-2CD3132-I?

Thanks

Bill

Back door cam. Now a Vivotek IP8332 bullet

Front porch. Now a Vivotek FD8134V dome

Back patio. Now a Foscam FI8904W

Back garage. Now a Foscam FI8904W

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shadows. Better getting the new WDR stuff if your budget stretches.

DS-2CD2042WD-I bullet
DS-2CD2142FWD-I dome
DS-2CD2342WD-I turret

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shadows. Better getting the new WDR stuff if your budget stretches.

DS-2CD2042WD-I bullet
DS-2CD2142FWD-I dome
DS-2CD2342WD-I turret
what is the difference between those 3? all capture same distance of view?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2042 is a bullet, 2142 is a vandal-proof dome, 2342 is a turret (which had better IR capabilities).

Ignore the distance of view marketing rubbish. None of these cameras will do 30m night-vision. Compared to your current Foscam, it'll be like night and day.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am.more interested in night time performance. Lots of people going thru cars in the area

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Costs a bit more but DS-2CD2342WD-I is better, see video in link vs the DS-2CD2142FWD-I.

Having said that though. If I had as much light in the 2nd video then I'd leave it on Colour/Day-mode at night. Depends how dark your area is?

Oh, Dahua 4421 is good value too. Check that out.

And if you need any of these. milkisbad is your man.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have plenty of light for night viewing. I don't even use the ir on the vivotek cameras.

I will pull a video and post of the day and night view on each when I get home so you are more opt to be able to make suggestions..

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm thinking DS-2CD2142FWD-I (domes) or DS-2CD2042WD-I (bullets) and leave them in day mode. Will wait for pics.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Vivotec images are nice, the foscam, well they are foscam's.
I would look at replacing the foscam's and adding to the camera's numbers with different focal length, this would limit the area sizes and shadow you covering with one camera.
Your driveway is quite long, to get a good face shot too, maybe use a Huisun mini ptz with 10x zoom to cover it.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would the huisun cam be compatible with the hikvision nvrs? I am looking to upgrade into one at some point in time.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They use hikvision protocols within their own stripped down version of the web interface. And compatible with the hikvision nvrs including ptz controls.

Even if you don't need ptz for the bargain price they are you may as well.
They do offer a proper hikvision module as well so more of a oem hikvision which will give you the full hikvision web gui but it's a tad more expensive.
A couple of threads are popping up about them now on here and Darren even mentions about the Huisun module being better than the hikvision one in terms of picture quality.

I have the speed dome on order at the minute with auto tracking and 20x zoom so can't wait to play with the baby.

The reliability factor is still an unknown quantity at the moment but for the price I think it's worth the gamble.

Monica is a nice lady and will try and do everything she can for you

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've been a hardcore fan of Hikvsion for a while, but once I went with Huisun* I have a change of heart, well technically it's sort of still Hikvision. Works with mobile IMVS-4500 or pc IVMS-4500. Although depends on the location. If you don't want bulky PTZ, for the same price I would pick WD turret. WD Dome I don't recommend really, unless you need wifi. I bought two and it's picky how you mount this under eaves due to IR reflection.

*Disclaimer: I don't work for them or get anything in return, just really great bang for a buck which I don't know how it will hold up over time.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can I get a link to the models you are talking about? And who is Monica?