Need Firmware for DS-2CD3132F-IW

Reaction score
I grabbed a different camera, attempted to follow the steps from scratch, and had a TTL console connection going so I could see what was happening.
So far with this camera, I have successfully applied BrickFix 5.4 EN to the camera, after reboots it reaches out to a TFTP server, however, I can't seem to get a firmware version to load that it will apply.
See the attached logs for the breadcrumb trail.
I have tried the downgrader versions from this link, first post:
Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The boot after brick-fix540EN is not right.
There should be a couple of comments after the power off / power on when it drops the payload - they are not there.
And when it completes it should simply drop into a normal shell, not psh.
Then if you leave it 10 mins while the watchdog times out, it should reboot into a min-system mode with no psh and with telnet active.

Suggestion :
Re-apply the brickfix540 using the tftp updater.
*edit* Shut down the tftp updater
Power off.
Power on, logging all serial console with no interruption.

Reaction score
It looks like that worked, the camera rebooted automatically after displaying:
Code:
# no rx packets
reboot system.
Then it tried to start up normally, displayed this, then gave up and booted into the mini-system:
Code:
davinci not found and watchdog not initialized! auto reboot system!
begin to set enter minisys flag~~
The system is going down NOW!
Sent SIGTERM to all processes
Sent SIGKILL to all processes
Requesting system reboot

U-Boot 1.3.4-121219 (Apr  8 2015 - 14:34:29)

ARM Clock: 480MHz
DDR Clock: 336MHz
Hit Ctrl+u to stop autoboot: 0
begin to enter mini system

# login[369]: root login on 'pts/0'
Telnet to the camera is working and it shows up in the Batch Config tool.

Rebooted the camera and fed it the English "Custom Downgrader" from this post via the TFTP tool: Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Came right up and my camera is now live!! Now to do this three more times to my other dead cameras.

What posts would you recommend I read over to fix things up and possibly upgrade the firmware on this camera to newer versions?

Thank you!!!!

[EDIT]
Also, for posterity, the TTL header pinout is:
1. GND
2. Tx
3. Rx
4. 3v (Optional, I didn't use it)
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Further update, the camera that I was inquiring about early in this post had an interesting issue. It was booting up and complaining that it couldn't bind to anything. With the TTL adapter, I was able to interrupt the boot process and force the brickfix firmware on the camera, after which the process mirrored the same thing that fixed the other three cameras. The other odd thing is the TTL header pinout was different, the Tx and Rx were swapped.

Thanks for the help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! You got there eventually, that's good to see.
Full marks for persistence.

Looking at the logs - the missing piece is that after the brickfix540 tool has been applied via the tftp updater - it needs to execute once to do it's thing and drop the payload that reverses the 'downgrade block' that Hikvision introduced.
If you don't reboot the camera at that point, and just leave the tftp updater running with the next firmware attempt, it's as if the brickfix tool was never applied.
From the instructions (for the benefit of others) :
See attached files for brickfix540.zip
Of the 2 language variants supplied, it's probably best to try the CN version first.
This should be applied as a normal Hikvision tftp update, and hopefully should show 'upgrade successful'.
It needs to be power-cycled to boot once to make the changes, and then it deactivates, so more than one boot should not be a problem.
There will be no web services, or SADP status, but SSH access should be available.
Left alone after booting, it will reboot into 'min-system' mode (hopefully, it's the newly-installed one that will be running) in about 10 minutes when the watchdog gives up waiting for davinci to initiallise and feed it.
At this point, telnet access to a root shell (pwd=12345) that has tftp is also available if access to existing files or flash is needed
it displayed some things I haven't seen.
Yes, I did wave a small flag, and flush the SSH filter in case SSH access would be useful :
Code:
u_code version = 2016/4/6 3.0
===============================
Hello Hikvision! Enabling rollback ...
Enabled.
ln: /dev/rtc: File exists
=====check_config start=====
Before and after flush :
Code:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ssh

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
flushed:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
What posts would you recommend I read over to fix things up and possibly upgrade the firmware on this camera to newer versions?
Now that you have the web GUI of the 5.2.5 firmware available, I'd recommend that you do the 'enhanced mtd hack'. This will convert the camera to full English and allow full updating to the current 5.4.5 backdoor-fixed firmware.
Check out the instructions in the attachment here : Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.
It's not that hard to extract a copy of mtdblock6, change the language byte, check/change as needed the devType, recalculate and apply the checksum, and write back.
The only extra is to extract mtdblock1 and look at the values held in locations 0x0C and 0x8000C. If they are 0, change them to 1 and re-write.
Then update firmware via the major versions, 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 to 5.4.0 to 5.4.5

Good luck!

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I messed up and uploaded the wrong firmware to my cameras (DS-2CD3132F-IW) and now can't locate any firmware on HikVision's webpage. I also can't get into their FTP site.

Any ideas?
Hey man, would you happen to know the devtype values for this camera? I have one that has been upgraded but i missed get this before upgrading. I think one of my values might be off.

jmf3m

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey man, would you happen to know the devtype values for this camera? I have one that has been upgraded but i missed get this before upgrading. I think one of my values might be off.
DevType = 38942

# prtHardInfo
Start at 2019-01-06 19:39:22
Serial NO :DS-2CD3132F-IW20160227CCCH575927658
V5.2.5 build 141201
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 1
alarmInNums = 0
alarmOutNums = 0
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 1
devType = 38942
net reboot count = 0
SD status = 0 (1:noraml;0:none)
Path: .
Working Copy Root Path: /data1/data_liwenwei/work/frontend_software_platform_5.2.7_R0
URL: https://192.0.0.140/Camera/Platform/Branches/branches_frontend_software_platform/frontend_software_platform_5.2.7_R0
Repository Root: https://192.0.0.140/Camera
Repository UUID: df2d70c3-7593-7941-af1e-571b313c0946
Revision: 103727
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: liwenwei
Last Changed Rev: 103727
Last Changed Date: 2014-12-01 20:51:32 +0800 (Mon, 01 Dec 2014)