Need good camera that can zoom in on person in IR mode, so we can show to the cops

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn bro,

OK... YOU GOT ME :miserable:
@nayr.... Peace @ you too. I really do understand where your coming from. I made a living in the Security field, but the damn laws can be quite challenging for those of us that live in states outside of Texas.

Tiger

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Look familiar ?

View attachment 1226

If anyone is as old as me they might recall fighting the Gonarch in the original Half-Life.

Modern day Sci-Fi looks at bugs for creative ideas. Perhaps the Chinese were looking at the alien creations :laugh:.

Tiger
Just to let you know, this wasn't lost on me. I played HL and HL 2.

nayr's camera is nice. I wonder if the cops who drive by wonder if he has a meth lab or something, it's certainly a cut above most home security, but at least if they raid him he'll have some great footage of it :peaceful:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my cameras are exceptionally discrete; nobody notices any of them.. especially anyone driving by as they mostly mounted off the rear of the house and look forward...

Only one stranger has noticed any of my cameras; and that was a neighbors lawn care guy.. after he walked past it a few dozen times he noticed it and looked right at it.

*edit*

Here's a photo of the front of my house by my mailbox where two cameras have me in view.. both are visible but hardly noticeable... thats the nice thing about zoom :)

hint: One to the left of the front door and the other on rear corner of house.

Ive only got 4 outdoor cameras, one on each side of the house watching both gates and both doors.. with the PTZs in play there are very few places to hide, day or night.

Last edited by a moderator:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nayr I didn't know you had the black face dahua. You ever tried reading license plates at night with it

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are two types of IR choices, mechanical and electronic. One of the other would read plates perfect at night

.Clipboard01.jpg

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will it work on moving vehicles and what speed and distance

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the angle it is at it cant catch traffic coming by, but sometimes I can peer through the trees and catch a plate of someone parked down the culdisac infront of my house.. no problem with HDR enabled at night.

if they offer a camera like this that can be recessed in a celling (or add IR to the existing model that can be) I will strongly consider putting another PTZ on the opposite corner of the house to log license plates and sidewalk traffic.. but this would stand out like a sore thumb on the front of my house.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and what if it does stick out lke a sore thumb? That's a great deterrent, and who knows what you are able to see or not see?

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sure can, its quick enough to follow anyone on foot.. ive chased Coyotes/Cats/Rabbits around at night from a distance and they move faster than most pedestrians.
If your clever enough to wire some sensors up like me it might even be able to follow people on its own.

here's what videos I have online:
Hey there's a hippie dude in the yard trying to steal your veedub -LOL