Need good dashcam, compact, front and rear.

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello I need a good and reliable dashcam. (video registrator)
I'd like it to be compact, record front and rear, and to have good clarity at night as well, so IR or low light lens or something that works. I don't care about GPS, wifi or any other features
I thought about Vantrue (rear camera is not good at low light), and possibly blackvue. But thought maybe someone who has experience with one or more camera models can recommend something good.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted a front & rear cam setup, but after reading some reviews it seemed that the rear cam was always of lower quality.

I've used a few single dashcams, the mini ones where great, then I went to a Voifo A119 it is discreet after reading reviews, and works find for me, see here I just have one fitted in the front, and on in the rear.

Reactions: uxu

WilliamCW

n3wb
Reaction score
My friend introduced to me a brand called Zetta recently. I tried and bought a model called ZN62 (can find here WIFI CAMERA). Its video quality is OK at night. I used it in my car. Mount it at windshield with a phone mount. I and my friend like it because no installation of wiring is needed. It is portable. Can keep recording for 10 hours. Recharge battery after that. And it includes a mobile Apps to see at most four camera views simultaneously through WiFi.
Not sure my sharing can help or not. But need to buy two pieces if want to record front and rear.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a BlackVue DR650gw-2CH that has been operating for 18 months monitoring a synthetic crane rope in the Middle east in temperatures of up to 50C ambient, and operating 24/7 and has been flawless the video shown is from the rear cam.
In my daughters car I have fitted 2no. Transcend Drivepro200 models again both have performed very well.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using another camera to monitor the rope real-time and the Blackvue mainly for recording? If not, then wouldn't a CabCam, AgCam, or backup camera can be better (nice large screen) for real-time monitoring for trouble? I'm not really familiar with the Blackvue though so maybe there's a video out option or something?

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using another camera to monitor the rope real-time and the Blackvue mainly for recording? If not, then wouldn't a CabCam, AgCam, or backup camera can be better (nice large screen) for real-time monitoring for trouble? I'm not really familiar with the Blackvue though so maybe there's a video out option or something?
The BlackVue DR650gw-2CH was supplied with two cameras, one main unit fixed in the cab facing forward with the memory card fitted, the second plugs into the first and has a 15ft cable, it is attached to the rear frame of the crane. Both front and rear cameras are motion activated and both cameras record simultaneously onto the micro sdcard .
The Blackvue has has gps, wifi direct and standard wifi, this means the footage can be viewed live on any phone or tablet display that can connect directly to the units own wifi network or the unit can connect to a router, mifi or other hotspot and the footage can be viewed from anywhere in the world live or recorded via the Blackvue servers which the rope manufacturer is doing.
This is the best solution we have found for our needs, and as the unit uses a super capacitor it performs extremely well in high temperatures.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup. Remote high res viewing plus the recording.