Need help configuring alerts/setting for Dahua IPC-T5842T-ZE

chethanjs

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is brilliant, love the clarity even in low light. The cameras are so amazing that I can see a person's face even when they are seated inside the car.

So, when I setup the alerts on NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and iphone DMSS , the alerts are too sensitive. Here are some observations:

1. The alerts get triggered when a passing car's light is in the area of interest. I just want to trigger alert when an actual car is in the frame and not the car lights.
  2. Alerts get triggered when it is raining or when there are rain drops in the frame. I want to prevent this alerting.
  3. After I a get an alert on my DMSS app, when I click on playback the captured video clip is before or after the trigger event. It is mostly never the triggered event. How do I set it to capture the actual event and examine it?

Basically, how do I configure my Dahua and NVR to get Ring-like alerts? Any links or help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chethanjs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another issue. Please see attached video.

I have setup IVS and tripwire along the edge of the house (blue line) but when the package guy crossed over the line in the pathway, the tripwire did NOT trigger. Looks like the package guy was not recognized as a human. What is the reason?

Whereas if someone drives their car or walks over and crosses the blue line in the garage area (area where the playback controls are in the video), the trip wire gets triggered.

@wittaj @looney2ns @Mike A. @genelit

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
B/W can always have issues, especially with it out on the outer edges. It had a car going by at the same time and blinded out around where the person was.

Best bet would be to add some additional IVS lines for the dark hours to give it more of a chance.