Need help connecting Hi3518E to Ethernet. Can not get a link. TIA

bartturner

n3wb
Reaction score
Purchased an Hi3518E IP camera from China on Ebay. This camera is using a IPC18E_9712_v3.1 PCB. I have been working on trying to get the board to connect to Ethernet without any luck. The camera came with a black cable that connects TX+, TX-, RX+, RX- on the board to equivalent pins on an RJ45 cable. But there is a Y on the cable/adapter that also connects to power. I connected a 12V power supply that is rated at 2A where the middle pin is +.

I see similar cable/adapter on the Internet but can NOT find any technical details. The cable has what looks like a LED but I can NOT get it to light. The cable/adapter is NOT POE.

Looking for any help on trying to troubleshoot just getting it to connect to Ethernet.

On the Ebay site the text indicates the camera is hardcoded to 192.168.0.88. But in the screen captures they are using 192.168.0.88. I have tried both. But really it should connect with any IP address, I believe.

I have tried multiple switches and both straight through and cross over cables. I have also tried to simply just connect it with a cross over cable to a Windows 7 Laptop. But the laptop indicates no network.

The seller has not been much help and difficult with the time and language differences.

I want to thank in advance for any help!

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you post a link to what you bought?

Purchased an Hi3518E IP camera from China on Ebay. This camera is using a IPC18E_9712_v3.1 PCB. I have been working on trying to get the board to connect to Ethernet without any luck.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any indications that the board is being powered, for example LEDs on the board, or the IR cut filter clicking on startup or changed lighting?

*edit* Is the Y on the LAN cable at the board end, ie is there a plug that you have connected to the power socket on the board?

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.